Hi I applied for Import Export Code No.But they gave me a querry that the firm name should be on the Bank Guarantee form.I do not have a office as i will be only trading.Do i Need a shop act license and also do i need a Separate a/c in Firm Name.Pls help.U can mail me on
From India, Pune
Foremost, you need to form a company or firm. It could be private limited company, or a partnership firm. If its Pvt. Ltd. then you need to get MoU prepared by a legal counsel and then get it registered in Registrar of Companies (ROC) of your state. If its partnership firm (easier option), you need to get a partnership deed prepared and signed by the partners through an advocate, get it registered with ROC. Next step would be to open a bank account in company's name. When account is opened, you need to approach the Directorate General of Foreign Trade of India of your region for obtaining an Import Export Code Number. For Northern India, the registration authority is

Zonal Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
" A " Wing Indraprastha Bhawan
I.P.Estate, New Delhi - 110002
An application has to be submitted at the office of Zonal JDGFT (CLA) , New Delhi 'or your concerned Zonal office(I will talk about Delhi office) which includes an application form duly filled in along with documents (List has been provided below) and fees. Mandatory Documents are 1. Covering letter 2. Fill Part A, B & D of the application form. 3. Application must be accompanied by documents as per details given below:

3.1 Bank Certificate from the bank on Bank letter head as per proforma (Part B) given in the application. a. In case of Proprietorship firms, please furnish i) Date of Birth of individual ii) Number of IECs held along with their details b. In case of Companies, please furnish i) Extract of Board of Resolution. ii) MOA with Form 32 and ROC in case of change in Directors. c. In case of others i) Notorised Partnership Deed showing date of formation. ii) No Objection Certificate from other partners/HUF. 3.2 Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by income Tax Authorities. 3.3 Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant. The photograph pasted on the banker's certificate must be attested by the banker with Seal and Signature of the applicant. 4. The application must be submitted in Duplicate. 5. Each individual page of the application must be signed by the applicant. 6. Self addressed envelope stamped with Rs. 15 (Local Address) & for others Rs.20/-. These documents may be kept secured in a file cover. Fees Application fee is Rs. 250/- which can be paid through Demand Draft/ Pay Order from any designated bank in favour of Zonal Joint Director General of Foreign Trade, CLA, New Delhi. Treasury Receipt from the following designated Central Bank of India branches is also accepted (1) Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-110011. (2) 10, Community Centre, Lawrence Road, Delhi-110 035 (3) 18/4 Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110 001. (4) 55, Madhubani, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110 019. Application can be submitted in person/by Authorised Employee of the Company at the R & I counters in the office or It can be sent by post/courier.

From India, Madras
Dear Friend, Really it is very useful information and the way you explained is very easy to understand. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge to us. Regards, Sravan
From India, Hyderabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server