Hello Friends,
I was wroking with a renowned educational institution for the last two and half years. I was working on the basis of the contract. Since my contract was terminated by them on 31 Dec,08. But they stopped my salary for the month of December. I often ring up and write to HR department and they do not tell me exactly when my salary will be released. I have also submitted the PF form to withdraw my money. Now, I am really wondering what should be done. It has been more than a month since then. I had taken my " No Dues" clearances on 1 January,09 itself. Can any body advise me on the same, please!!
Thanks and have a good day!

8th February 2009 From India, Mumbai

Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Gm (hr)
Assistant Manager-hr
+2 Others

dear you can file a case under payment of wages act with labour authorities.but i will suggest to send a legal notice to institution before filing a case . tks j s malik
8th February 2009 From India, Delhi
good evening...... am doing my MBA final year(HR) project in ICF.. my topic is "A study on analysis of statutory and non-statutory benefits for employees"
8th February 2009 From India, Madras
Dear friend,
Send a letter to the concerned person mentioning the fact and request him to settle your accounts. if concerned person fails to reply or settle your accounts, then write a letter to the head /Chariman or highest authority of the institution. if even he also fails to do the needful action you can resort Legal action. However, legal process requires lot of time and effort and it little bit costly also.
9th February 2009 From India, Bangalore
Hi Bips:
I dont understand when you have not received your whole salary from the org, how did you receive the no dues certificate.. you should have not accepted it...
'No dues certificate is signed when the organisation clears all your dues'
Please talk to them and settle things
9th February 2009 From India, Mumbai
I think Gladys has interpreted 'no dues certificate' in a different way. It is after getting the No Due Certificate signed by the departmental heads that settlement will be made.
Being an employee of an educational institution, Bipin may not get recourse in Labour Laws. However, ' a reputed education institute' is not suppose to delay final settlement.
9th February 2009 From India, Kannur
Hi There,
Incase if you send a letter to the concerned person requesting for clearing your settlement amount then do send it in a Registered Post because when you file a case in the future that will be supporting you to certain extent. If you have no action taken on your requisition you can repeat sending it for three times before filing a case. Inspite of the strong Labour Laws in effect such instances are happening then and there across the country.
I wish that you get your settlement shortly. :):):)
9th February 2009 From India, Coimbatore
Dear Fried, That the institute is binded to pay u, ur dues, for the work which u have been done. Now u may send legal notice by labour Adv. Thanks.:icon1:
9th February 2009 From India
Please login to participate in this discussion or start your own. Create Account

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Community™