9. One of the biggest weaknesses of most managers
10. Organization direction is one of the biggest employee___________________________________
11. Money and/or benefits is the number one issue with most employees. True/False.
12. Most employees feel they receive adequate recognition. True/False.
13. When you hire under pressure you always____________________________________________
14. One of the major responsibilities of a manager is to motivate their employees. True/False.
15. One of the biggest employee concerns is management___________________________________
16. Turnover is the direct result of________________________________________________ _____
17. The best employees come in early and stay late. True/False.
18. Disagreement from an employee is a: positive/negative trait.
19. You can’t motivate anyone. True/False.
20. Managers do not contribute to employee performance. True/False.
21. Most employees don’t care about the organization’s success. True / False.
22. Always inspect what you_______________________________________________ ___________
23. You should solicit employee feedback on all issues. True/False.
24. You get the behavior you_______________________________________________ __________
25. Good managers hire weaker candidates. True/False.
26. You should only seek opinions that reinforce your opinions. True/ False.
27. Keeping a poor employee too long______________________________________________ ____
28. The purpose of negative feedback is to_______________________________________________
29. You should always hire attitudes rather than__________________________________________
30. You should delegate ____________________ and _____________________________________
31. Most managers are good interviewers. True/False.
32. Organizational goals should be communicated to employees: True/False
33. A vision statement is________________________________________________ _____________
34. A mission statement is________________________________________________ ____________
35. Familiarity breeds contempt. True/False.
36. Employees like to feel in on things because___________________________________________
37. You should always consult employees when you make decisions that impact them. True/False.
38. You can manage your organization from behind your desk. True/False.
39. Always delegate activities rather than results. True/False.
40. Rules and policies should be flexible. True/False.
41. By not clearly communicating expectations to an employee you___________________________
42. It is important to really know your people. True/False.
43. A lack of empowered employees contributes to________________________________________
44. Having an open door policy always encourages employees to share issues. True/False.
45. Employees generally want more training. True/False.
46. Politics in an organization is inevitable. True/False.
47. It is impossible to eliminate rumor and hearsay. True/False.
48. Arrogance and ignorance are two of the biggest reasons why organizations fail. True/False.
49. As a manager you should always give the credit and take the_____________________________
50. When you promote your best employee you will always end up with a good manager.True/False.
Correct Answers: Management Quiz
Keep in mind that the answers to several of the questions are subjective. In many cases there is no right or wrong answer only - a best or better answer. This quiz is not designed to give you an in-depth explanation for each answer but rather to stimulate your thinking. With this in mind let’s take a look at what I believe - are some of the vital issues that impact management performance and ultimate organization success.
7. Corporate culture, communication patterns, stress levels, management style.
9. Failure to give timely positive and negative feedback.
10. Issues, concerns, frustrations, needs.
13. Hire beneath your standards.
16. See answer No. 7 - plus poor hiring, poor training, poor compensation plans.
18. Can be both and it depends.
27. Is a sign of management weakness, sends the wrong message to other employees.
28. Change or modify behavior.
30. Responsibility and authority.
33. A statement of direction, purpose, meaning.
34. Who you are, who your customers are, how you serve them, the business you are in.
36. It makes them feel important, it builds trust and respect, they want to feel they belong to
something bigger than themselves.
41. Improve their performance.
43. Employee apathy, poor performance, lack of trust, lack of respect.
49. Blame or responsibility.
50 correct answers……….You should be giving the test.
45-50 correct answers……….You understand the basics of effective management
40-45 correct answers……….There is hope for you yet.
35-40 correct answers………..With luck, you may make it as a manager.
30-35 correct answers………..You have a lot to learn. Better get started.
30 or less correct answers……You need help big-time
From India, Delhi