Hi Happy New Year I want to know how an Advocate can seek permission from the state Bar Council to take up a Part-Time employment alongwith Practise. Whether Rule 52 of CHAPTER - II Standards of Professional Conduct and Etiquette (Rules under Section 49 (1) (c) of the Advocate Act read with the Proviso thereto) of Bar Council of India Rules has ever been invoked? The rule is reproduced below:- Section VII-Restriction on other Employments52. Nothing in these rules shall prevent an advocate from accepting after obtaining the consent of the State Bar Council, part-time employment provided that in the opinion of the State Bar Council, the nature of the employment does not conflict with his professional work and is not inconsistent with the dignity of the profession. This rule shall be subject to such directives if any as may be issued by the Bar Council India from time to time.if the reply is "yes" can I have material of the subject. ByePuneet
1st January 2009 From India, Ludhiana

Legal Counsel
Advocate - Labour & Industrial Law

Dear You will have to check on case law. With Regards E-mail : rajanassociates@eth.net,
1st January 2009 From India, Bangalore
Share what you know with your industry peers. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions openly without getting into company or personal specifics. Create Account

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network