Under factory act any certified surgeon can conduct a medical test? - CiteHR
Hr & Admn. Executive
Senior Consultant
Hr & Admin
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I have joined in HR department and the statutory compliances i have to fulfil . A factory inspector visited our factory and remarked to conduct a Medical Test of employees by a certified surgeon.
My query is who is a certified surgeon as every registered surgeon is a certified surgeon. So, under factory act any certified surgeon can conduct a medical test for occupational diseases or any particular surgeon is being appointed by the authority/Industrial health and safety department.

Dear jadhav, I thinks any certified surgeon is authorised to conduct a medical test and you can forward the test reports to the Fact inspe office
Hi Brijesh,
There is a Medical officer appointed in the Inspectorate department. If you contact Safety cell @ your inspector of Factories office, you will come to know the Medical officer appointed for this purpose. Medical officer appointed by the Factories Inspectorate department is authorised to conduct Medical Examination. To conduct the medical examination, you need to pay the fees to deputy chief Inspector / Inspector of Factories as the case may be.
Hope, it is clarified.

Hi Brijesh
CS is doctor qualified in industrial health appointed by State Govt for the purpose of factories medical inspector, he can also do Pre employment Medicals. There are very few CS in the state
Also Factory Medical Officer Qualified in in indusrial health can also do medicals. i am a Qualified Factory Medical officer from Ministry Of labour Govt of India.
hope this helps you
Dr Sanjay

Certifying surgeons are very less but they can transfer some of their powers to factory medical officers , so that factory medical officers can sign on health registers etc....
The certifying Surgeon is appointed by the state govt and there is a chief Certifying Surgeon is also appointed by the state Govt. However every factory shall have factory medical officer as per the number of employees working in the unit. Hence the factory medical officer shall conduct the premedical and periodical medical examination of the employees and in case of hazardous/dangerous operations the medical examination and the specific test as per the Indian Factories Act to be completed and the records also maintained for specific period of time. These records are inspected by the Inspector of factories and failing to maintain them invite penalty.
Need list of authorised certifying surgeon under factory urgently .
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™