There was on 7th Annual HR Conference conducted at AMA in Ahmedabad. Pls find the summary of the conference and the presentations for your reference.
The first presentation was given by Mr. Marcel Parker, Chairman IKYA Human Capital Solutions Ltd (Ex-President (HR), Raymond Ltd).
He gave the information on What the new world of HR means and Need to be globally competitive. He insisted on not using the best practices but next practices. Divided the transformation of HR in generation and explained details on what the present generation expects from the company and how the HR could meet those expectation with the help of Management. Attached is the presentation given by him ("Gen Y").
According to him HR should not be a cop but act as a productive consultant taking care of the following issues which the employee expect from the company.
1. Change of Attitude
2. Financial Advisor
3. To impose decisions
4. To impose tools & strategy of HR
HR is strong in building skills and less in business skills. They have to start there work from floor i.e from a very lower level to understand every person working in the company and their needs & necessities. Have to start every program on zero budget & eliminate unwanted policies. HR acts as a change agent and builds performance nature.
Focus during these changes: Structured Thinking, Priotize, Get into Details, Execute, Relentlessly follow ups
Re-Engineering: Processes, models of service delivery, talent profiles.
Quality Revolution in HR: Sixsigma, eye for details, mass customization improve technical skills, continues improvement.
For more detailed of the above you can see his presentation attached ("Hr leading transformation")
The third presentation was given by Mr. Sundar Sankaran, Director - Advantage India Consulting Pvt Ltd & Finberry Academy P Ltd.
His session was completely on finances and current market status.
The fourth presentation was given by Mr. Prasenjit Bhattacharya, CEO Great Place to work Institute of India
As it was a post lunch session he first started with a very good and comedy video so that no one falls asleep.
His presentation gave us knowledge about how a place could be made a great place to work for the employees.
A great work place is on where you have:
Management: Trust the people you work for
Job: have pride in what you do
Employee & Other employee: Enjoy the people you work with
Over all "Relationships are the key".
Model of great place: Essential Elements.
1. Credibility : Two way communication, Informative & Accessible two way communication
2. Competence: Co-ordination resource, giving responsibility, not working over shoulders clear view of where the organization is going & how to get there
3. Integrity: Delivering on promises, Honest & Ethical
4. Respect: Support, "Thank You", tools & growth of opportunities, recognition honest mistakes as part of business
5. Collaboration: Seek opinions & responds, involve people
6. Caring: Personal interest in people as individual, work life balance, physical, psychological & emotional, special & unique benefits.
7. Fairness: Equity (all are full members or one), all have opportunities for special recognition, fair pay, fair share of profits, fairness in hiring and promotion Decisions ( impartiality)
8. Pride: for the job, about the team, with the organization
9. Camaraderie: Individuality is valued, welcoming atmosphere, part of some
Apart from the above he also gave us some guidance of different types of policies adapted in different companies. Some of them are like flexi timings, call parents to the company, different kind of bonus, celebrating of different days where even the highest level of the employee has to be a part of it, open discussions, walk out policy where a manager spends two hours of his office timing out of his cabin and has one to one interaction with his employees etc.
I am trying to get his presentation I will give it to you once I have it.
The fifth presentation was given by Mr. Sudarshan Iyengar, Vice Chancellor Gujarat Vidyapith
He gave a glimpse on how did Gujarat Vidyapith come in the existence, its work and processes and what is the aim of it. Apart from this he took a session on how the values and path the Mahatma Gandhi followed could be used in the current field and present scenario of HR.
The last presentation was given by Dr. S. Chandrasekhar he discussed on the following issues
1. Define Core Relationship Issues
2. Relationship with Self
3. Relationship with other human being
4. Relationship with nature
According to him we need "to contribute a solid cadre for motion building by orienting youth in basic human values and training their head, hand & heart"
What are the organizational challenges
- Build to sell. Build to last
- Good to great to great to good
- Best practice to next practice
- Old & Stable to Young & impatient
- Fun to productivity
- Internal Views to external Focus
- National to global
- Compare with a defined global peer group of competition
- Analyze differences and weakness
- Build on Differentiators
- Start with organizational/business goals
- Customize for your population & legacy
"Remember you are as global as others. Being global is not about being American/foreign."
Stake holders in HR
1. Entrepreneurs/CEO and Leader
- Differentiate need for greed
- Think & allow long term perspectives
- Stand by values
2. Managers/Operational Leaders
- Growth expertise content is important
- Punish & Reward (stop pampering)
- Save, Cut Cost & Optimize
- Build next line of leadership
3. HR Executives
- Identify the new world for "your " organization
- Stop power mongering
- Help identify talent
- Role model culture personally (are you world class?)
- Simply help
- Coach, Counsel & grow leader
- Use technology & customize offerings
Thanks & Regards
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.