Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Hr Professional
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,I need your help please.We have two casual labor (house keeping) who are paid on hourly basis. Now we need to fire them as we are unhappy with their work. We want to heir a professional house keeping services.In case if we chuck them can they approach labor court for compensation or get in touch with the Union? Do they have any rights to do anything? They are just casual workers with no benefits. They are not even mentioned any where in our records.Please help

Dear madam, when you had empolyed those persons on causal basis then there is no need for worry. you had employed those persons on labor contract then its entirely the headache of contractor. as you had stated in your comment there is no where in records the there is no question of fear. for any consultancy help we will pleasure to help you. for any requirements please call us or mail us at . Thanks!
From India, Delhi
Casual Labourers, whether part time or full time, are also required to be treated at par with any other employee. If the name of such employees are not shown in the muster rolls, then that is your negligence. The payment vouchers signed by the employees is enough to show that a kind of 'labour involved' work have been carried out. You have to think twice before action is taken against employees. Regards, Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
Dear Madhu,Thanks for your comments. That means we cannot fire them. Right? If we do it has to be on the grounds of misbehaviour. Then can we fire them?Please help and give solution

One who hires can definitely fire also. I meant to say that there should not be any discrimination towards casual labourers. A casual labour who mis behaves or one who is negligent shall be warned and action shall be taken. But the procedure shall be similar to all the employees. Regards, Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
no need to do anything, just ask them to discontinue from tomorrow. please do ensure that they were on casual role only and have not completed 240 days at a stretch. with thanks, asitabha sanyal
From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™