Admission procedure for batch (2008 - 10)
The minimum requirement for admission to the Programme is: A three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognized University. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2008 may also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15.
Applicants are required to take one of the Admission Tests:
- The test to be conducted by Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), on 11th November 2007, or
- XAT to be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur on 6th January 2008. Registering for IRMA Test or XAT is a prerequisite for applying to XIMB's PGPRM.
Applicants have to also apply (online) separately for XIMB programme at: Home Upon successfully filling the online application form the payment advice form can be downloaded. The applicant must take a printout of the same payment advice form and mail it to the Admissions Office, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar-751013, accompanied by the application fee (non-refundable) in one of the following ways:
- Original Bank remittance slip, after depositing (in cash) at any State Bank of India core branch in the C & I Account No. 30040537421 of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar; OR
- Original Bank remittance slip, after depositing (in cash) at any branch of AXIS (UTI) Bank into the S/B Account No. 024010100084039 of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar; OR
- A Demand Draft for made out in favour of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.
It may be noted that besides registering for IRMA Test or XAT one has to apply (online) separately to XIM, Bhubaneswar.
Online registration will be accepted subject to receipt of the application fee and completed payment advice form by XIMB. Upon receipt of the application fee, the eligible applicants will be intimated by e-mail about the acceptance of their applications.
The institute will decide the section wise as well as total cut-off marks, which will be used for shortlisting candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. GD & PI will held at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkatta and will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the GD & PI. The final selection will be on the candidate's performance in the written test as well as Group Discussion and Personal Interview (which factors in the past academic record and relevant work experience). The selected candidates will be informed through mail by first week of April 2008.
Fee Structure <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
The programme will begin by the middle of June, 2008 for the first year students. At this time the students will be given a Manual of Policies which will be binding on them.
All admission related queries may be addressed to: Phone: 0674 3983806, 09437010228(M)
Traditionally, industry has been the main focus of management science. Xavier Institute of Management made an innovative departure by emphasizing the need to expand the use of management science to rural sector in the form of creating managers not only for corporate sector but also for the social sector. The basic objective of introducing the two years PGPRM course is to inject professionalism in the field of rural economy. It is now well recognized that professionalism and professional interventions are going to have key place in shaping the future of rural India. The present initiative of PGPRM in XIMB is an exception to the traditional treatment of the management education. This has not only created a special place for the Institute among the galaxy of management Institutes in India, and abroad, but also has fulfilled one of the basic needs of the Indian economy.
XIMB's Rural Management programme aims at training professional managers for the rural sector. The course is designed to address the following objectives:
- Blending the managerial knowledge and practices of people with modern management science end techniques.
- Building and strengthening people's organisations.
- Knowledge and skill needed for effective utilisation and management of human and valuable resources.
- Application of technology to analyse factors influencing rural realities.
- Generating an interface between the corporate sector and social development
Composition of applicants for the course Composition of candidates finally selected Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) This is a doctoral level residential programme for the people who need specialized knowledge, skills and attitudes for positions requiring conceptual and visioning skills in the co-operatives and development organizations. The main objectives of the programme are (i) to establish rural management as a separate discipline, (ii) to develop researchers and scholars in the field of rural management, (iii) to create a body of knowledge in the field of rural management, and (iv) to stimulate academic and research work at IRMA in the field of rural management. Each participant of the programme receives a fellowship and contingency grant. Many of the participants have received good offers for teaching and research assignments even before completion of their programme.
To crack IRMA (Institute of Rural Management)
1. First of all I saw you paper style of IRMA
Areas Tested in Exam
English Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Issues of Social Concern
2. You have to plan to do to things take score in Gk part and math-reasoning-English part.
3. You have to clear cut-of in each section including GK.
4. For to gear up speed in each section you should start to solve Bank P.O.’s paper set. Because it is the test which have same paper style as IRMA.
5. And to score in GK there is one book name is “INDIA 2007” year book (year is changing every year).from this book you should read chapters related to agriculture, rural, etc.
Because GK of IRMA is mostly related to this all field.
6. IRMA takes its question paper back. So to get these papers there is one way is magazine “BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT”.
This magazine publishes paper of IRMA, XAT, SNAP, IIFT, MAT etc.
Of previous years. Exact one.
To get more than one paper for IRMA you have to subscribe more than magazine of “BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT”. And actually I don’t know the months in which Irma’s papers publish otherwise I don’t need to spend too much.
7. One more magazine is also available in which GK is given name of it is “yojana and kurushetra”.
8. One more thing is that to clear cut-off you should attempt 30-30-30-30 = 120 questions it means if you score between 80-90 or 90-100 you will get call for GD-PI .so that’s why I suggest gearing up speed.
9. Mail of one student who is studying in rural management course of XIMB.
“Hello friend. Let me introduce first. I am aviranjan studying rural management from ximb.
Irma takes its question paper back. so no possibility.
some magazines may publish few questions depending upon feedback from students.apart from what i say go to Google and type " Irma pagal guy " and u will get the link about what students suggest to crack irma.
i crached irma last year but could not crack finally. Reason interview went bad. Any way forget abt that.
For irma u need to prepare little higher say snap or cat will do. if u r sincerely preparing for it then be rest assured abt 3 portions-qm, english and d.i. buy a p.o. test papers book may be '' bsc's 30 test papers for p.o.".this will extremely help u in d.i. portion.
abt g.k. connect people from c l, ims and time and collect g.k. test papers that they will issue say 1 or 2 weeks before irma. Extremely helpful.
Apart from that read last six months yojana and kurushetra throughly. It’s enough for g.k.want to do more. Find any link for current affairs.and con”
AnonymousBe ready to get GK for irma
28th July 2008 From India, Ahmadabad
28th July 2008 From India, Ahmadabad