Govt. proposes to repeal the following Acts:
1) Payment of Wages Act 1936
2) Minimum Wages Act 1948
3) Payment of Bonus Act 1965
4) Equal Remuneration Act 1976
Instead, it is proposed to bring Payment of Wages and Miscellanesous Provisions Bill 2008. Some of the features of the Bill are:
* Employees drawing salary upto Rs.15000 p.m. will be covered under the Act
* Provisions of weekly hours, rest and overtime have been introduced
* A single annual return will be required to be filed under the Act.
* If records are maintained in computer, manual records need not be kept.
Text of the Bill is attached for your information.
From India, Malappuram
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.