Payment Of Wages & Misc. Provisions Bill 2008 - DOC Download
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights. Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Govt. proposes to repeal the following Acts:
1) Payment of Wages Act 1936
2) Minimum Wages Act 1948
3) Payment of Bonus Act 1965
4) Equal Remuneration Act 1976
Instead, it is proposed to bring Payment of Wages and Miscellanesous Provisions Bill 2008. Some of the features of the Bill are:
* Employees drawing salary upto Rs.15000 p.m. will be covered under the Act
* Provisions of weekly hours, rest and overtime have been introduced
* A single annual return will be required to be filed under the Act.
* If records are maintained in computer, manual records need not be kept.
Text of the Bill is attached for your information.