I want to share my knowledge about kinds of DA being exist in India with my fraternity.
1. Variable Dearness Allowance= Linked cost of living index every three
months worked out by the Simla Labour Bureau follwoed by the many
states government to convert VDA or Special Allowance for various
industries covered under minimum wages Act.
2. Dearness Allowance = similar to Variable Dearness Allowance its
customary people pronounce DA instead of VDA.
3. Central Dearness Allowance= is applicable to central government
allowance which is higher than the industrial dearness allowance in
per point rate increase.
4. Industrial Dearness Allowance= Central Public sector enterprises and
undertakings seperated with salary scales and IDA is less than CDA
5. Fixed DA= is under an agreement certain ad-hoc being adjusted as
Fixed DA is subsequeltly being merged into basic pay.
30th August 2008 From Saudi Arabia