there are no particular things that can be said as modern recruitments techniques.
It varies from organization to Organization. i do in the way below mentioned.
1) conduct the written test for technical people related to dept
2) check the requirement we have and the candidate comming for the interview meet the requirements.
3) conduct the interview from Hr point view ie check his communication skills, check his family background, it is very important to access him regarding his need for the job and you can know while speaking to him how keen he is interested for the job.
4) If is thru Hr then take to candidate to the hiring head and let them interview throughly. Provide him the candidate assessment form in which the hiring manager need to write atleast 5 major points regarding the capabilities in the candidate observed in detail. That helps in keeping the track for shortlisting the candiate.
5) Interview should be conducted by one step above and later on by the head. Both the people have to write the observed capabilities of the candidates.
6) The hiring manager should probe deep into achievemnts/ the tough times he faced in proffessional life so as to access how good is his analytical skills/ mentally strong/ and in man management.
If the above steps are followed , the chances of hiring mistake %age reduces a lot.
The reason is candidate goes through minimum three rounds of interview and with all the assessments put to gether it would be comfortable to arrive at a decision.
If any further doubts pls mail
1st August 2008 From India, Delhi
1st August 2008 From India, Gurgaon
As you are a recruiter, the one way should be internet sourcing. Internet sourcing will help you to find the resume from all over the world. There are a few things to be followed, however you would need a bit of training. If you are interested in internet sourcing, I can forward you a presentation which will guide you on how to make internet sourcing better.
This will help you in finding good candidates over the job portal and helping your company to get good employees.
If you have any other questions, please let me know. I will try to help you on that.
1st August 2008 From India, Mumbai