Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Case Study to Analyse:

Employee joins the company and is put under training. Only after he clears the training imparted, he can be put to projects which the company work on. However, inspite of repeated reminders & communcation, the employee fails in the training program.

He is called in a performance assessment meeting. However, he does not turn up for the meeting. However, he leaves office and sends SMS to the HR folks in the training dept that he will commit sucide if he is asked to leave the company.

Now, as HR professionals, every day we face these issues. How will you handle such employees who fail their performance reviews & have attitude issues. Pl look into the following aspects for a complete answer:
  • Look at the process adopted for performance review
  • Measures of addressing such issues
  • Legal approach to such issues
  • Couselling methodologies adopted
Let me know your thoughts ! Also, if you want to clarify some points please post the same for clarity.

I had a beautiful learning out of this.

Regards :icon1:

From India
its simple its not his mistake it shows inefficient recruitment methods followed in the company .
From India, Madras
If recruitment has done properly, then the traineer was not able to create a frndly environment or may be the traineer is not well trained for which the employee did not performed well in his job.If the employee threatens to committe sucide then he must be given a chance to do his job properly otherwise reduce his compensation so that he can realise that due his non-performance he has been paid less.
From India, Hyderabad
Personally sit with employee ask the actual problem and then suggest him that what ability you find in this people when you recurit his/her... still if he/she not change then give written warning letter and probation period to employee and mark his exit..... if he give you threat on suside then just complain to police department... coz suside is the crime...
just understant if you have due some money in someone and ask for your money, then he say that if you ask for money he will do suside...on that case shuld u leave your money .... Ans is no....
so the same case is here.... you are work for your company so do it honestly try to mange Result not person....if you able to manage result, person will automatically manage,..
hope i address your queary....

From India, Jodhpur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™