My responses to your questions:-
1. Is there a need for automated ATS (Applicant Tracking System)- Depends on the quantum of recruitment activity undertaken in your organization. If the numbers are very high it would definitely be a yes. And is you have a cross locational team even then ATS provides lot of benefit for the entire recruitment cycle, it helps you to maintain feedback, candidate details. Some ATS can even provide reports which can be very useful for the Recruitment function.
2. If yes what would be salient features the industry would prefer- Features such as report generation, one shot view of activities done by any particular recruiter, one shot view of submissions for a particular position, resume search by name/cell number, notification of duplication etc
3. What are the common pain points managing applications/applicants- maintenance n terms of speed-depeds on which server the application is sitting on and how many people access it, these things should be checked with the vendor
4. Would you prefer it to be on a subscription model or a onetime payment model- hmmm will vary, in one time payment model the initial investment may be high, but you should negotiate for maintenance services even in this model. Should begin with subscription model and then decide to migrate to one time payment model, if you realize the choice has been wrong you can actually opt out of it.
5. What would be the price you will be willing to pay for both the models- Varies with different vendors but definitely there is lot of scope for bargaining!!!
From India, Gurgaon
Usage of ATS depends on the volume of recruitment activities happen in ur Org.
As per my knowledge, an ideal ATS should include the following:
OCR Resume Scanning
Ability to schedule/track interviews
Statistics: Activity, Recruiter, Sources
I have an exp in using Kenexa Recruiter. Its worth your time and money.
Hope this info is useful to you.
From India, Bangalore
abijith9Hi Nids04 and Pavan,
Thanks for your prompt response and your valuable inputs. What if there is an ATS in the pipeline which can do much more than what you expect or outperform the salient features which you have suggested.
Would you/your company be interested to hook up.
Would it be economical if priced between 2000 - 3000 INR on subscription model per license.
Which could boost your recruiters performance by 30-50% releiving him from the basic book keeping work.
Giving you analysis of your ROI for your recruitment expenditure.
Helping you save 30 to 50 % of your time in recruitment.
From India, Hyderabad
HardeepIn which way is an ATS different from that being offered by many portals - sometimes under the same name ?
As far as I can think, that'd be the differentiating factor. For a large organization , portal subscription is a minor cost and they already have a huge and ever growing database of candidates. So why reinvent the wheel ?
No experience, just asking...
From United States, New York
I was going through your posting and thought to respond. I am working with a big consultancy firm in Delhi and we use "Recruit Plus - A product from ITCONS e-Solutions". It has given us immence benifits. Here are the answers against each point.
1. Is there a need for automated ATS (Applicant Tracking System) - Yes, It not only helps organizing resumes but a good ATS helps reducing the total time of seaching and processing a resume.
2. If yes what would be salient features the industry would prefer - One shd see if this helps in searching the resumes on various search conditions like total experience, current company, designation, past company, salary, education, college name, location etc apart from a key word search.
3. What are the common pain points for Recruitment and Staffing Companies? - To get the data lying in the mails, which is unused and to search for the right fitment from the database quickly.
4. Would you prefer it to be on a subscription model or a onetime payment model - Since most of the companies offer ATS on both the models, one has to see the one time purchase cost vis a vis TCO in monthly subcription model. To me, if the company is small say till 5 users, they shd opt for monthly model.
5. What would be the price you will be willing to pay for both the models - I have seen demos of all the good ATS in India, every one is priced on number of users license basis model. roughly each user license is between 7k to 15k.
From India, Delhi