Before commenting on your queries please answer the following questions:
1) Why do you need to change your office working hours?
2) Who are deciding upon this change and why?
3) Why have you added 1 hour extra and why not some other figures like 1/2 hour?
4) Is it absolutely necessary to stick to fixed working hours? (Overtime payment)
5) What are the tangible benefits of the change??
If you can answer the above then you will be able to convince and decide your management on the issue.
The last but not the least check out with your State's Shop and Establishment Inspectors/ consultants who deals with S&E reagrding the legality of the timing.
Please revert back if necessary,
i am also working in telecom organization in pakistan.
same problem i am facing specially in Sales and marketing staff . because they are working 7 days a weak.
kindly i f you received any useful information must update me.
Introducing 5 day work week is win-win situation for any organization.
I'd gone through the attached spreadsheet and this alone is not sufficient. You can prepare a power point presentation giving detailed explanation of each scenario. Use the data prepared your excel and paste them in the ppt. Do emphasize on the below points:
1. Calculate the administrative and maintenance cost per day (include electricity, transport, support and other functions required for your operation) and project the same as potential savings (4 times per month)
2. Stretching an hour will increase productivity when compared to starting a new day as it reduces cooling off time, un-productive discussions and breaks.
3. With effecient planning, task allocation and progress tracking will be easy.
4. Benefit for employees for having an extra day at their disposal. This will directly result in increased employee satisfaction thereby reducing attrition and increase productivity.
5. Check labour laws applicable for your industry/line of business in your country and emphasize upon that
P.S. Most important: Please do one round of spell check before you circulate the document and ensure that you are communicating what you intend.
Hope this is useful to you.
I am not very sure if increasing the no. of hrs actually increases the productivity. People will extend their work to fill in the time.
Prepare your ppt based on Murali's suggestions. Also do you have a productivity report system which can be consolidated for a month? Use that as a base to compare the productivity with alternate Saturdays and all Saturdays off. May be you can offer a trail month or 2.
Most importantly you have to promote it as an employee motivation tool since telecom industry is supposed to have high attrition.