No Tags Found!

diksha

hi all,
i want to implement kirkpatriks model for evaluating training in my organization. I am working in an IT Company .Please guide me in detail how I can actually implement each level of the model in my organization.
Awaiting prompt reply.
Thanks ..... Diksha

From India, Madras
vimalmti

Progs are evaluated at following levels

a) Level I : at the Reaction level

b) Level II : at the Learning level

c) Level III : at the Job Behaviour or the Application level, and;

d) Level IV : at the Organisational Results level

At Reaction Level, it should involve overall effectiveness such as session contents, process, applicability of contents at job, effectiveness of support services etc.

At Learning Level assessment, you will have administer pre & post programme tests. This level of evaluation works well for skill based programmes. General Mgt programmes will not be very easy to evaluate or assess (or will be very time consuming)

At Application/Behaviour Level, assessment is to be carried-out atleast three - six months after training. Structured Questionnaires will have to administered to participants/his boss/his peers. This must be followed by interviews using pre-designed / determined questions

At Organisational Level evaluation is the most difficult as result evaluation is extremely difficult. This evaluation will be possible/feasible when specific issues concerning organisation have been dealt with and particiapnts draw specific action plans at the end of programme or workshop. The action plans so developed at the end of the programme will have to be implemented during next six-nine months or time frame decided at the time of presentation and then results evaluated to determine effectiveness at organisationa levels.

You may consider assigning weightages for each of the levls depending upon aim/objectives of the programme under study

Pl try this, if any clarifications are required or suggestions to make please do drop in a line. This is a difficult but challenging process

Best wishes

V K Sharma

From India, Ranchi
SHRADDHA WAGHMARE
I am sending the summary of strategy, evaluation instruments, and the descriptions of the Kirkpatrick’s Model of Training Evaluation. All The Best, Regards, SHRADDHA WAGHMARE.
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc strategy_of_training_evaluation_of_kirkpatrick_120.doc (36.0 KB, 630 views)

bus2perf

Yes, you have a very challenging task ahead of you. You can find some more basic info at

http://www.businessperform.com/html/...ffectiven.html

This webpage also lists some sources of information for each level of evaluation.

When designing your evaluation strategy, consider that you won’t have the time or resources to conduct the four levels of evaluation for each training program. For each program, think about how important it is in achieving the organization’s objectives, the difficulty in performing the evaluation and the amount of resources you have available. Generally speaking, the higher the level of evaluation, the more costly it will be in time and resources.

Also, don’t measure just for the sake of measuring. Think about what you will do with the analysis and whom you will distribute it to. There is no point in spending time evaluating if the management team won’t be using the information to improve the effectiveness of training. I wish you luck!

Vicki Heath

Human Resources Software and Resources

http://www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Melbourne
SHRADDHA WAGHMARE
hi diksha, i actually dont have the questionnaires according to the levels, but this is what i found that cud be relevant to you, especially the behavioral questionnaire. regards, SHRADDHA.
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf trainingevaluationtools_116.pdf (396.2 KB, 485 views)
File Type: pdf threetestbehaviourassessmentexample_315.pdf (50.6 KB, 344 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.