No Tags Found!

eafil.hr

HI!!
hOPE U R DOING WELL, PLS LET ME KOW HOW CAN I GO FOR A CENTRALISED HRIS SYSTEM FOR A COMPANY WHICH IS HAVIN 8-9 DIFFERENT BUSSINESS UNITS..
HOW CAN I GO ABT IT..
ALSO PROVIDE ME WITH AN EXACT PICTURE OF HRIS.. WHAT EXACTLY IT IS & WAT R ITS USES.
IN A HOPE OF PROMPT REPLY.
WARM REGARDS,
eafiL

From India, Delhi
sskalra

Hi
In a layman's language, A HRIS is essentially a software that frees HR from the day to day administrative work to a great extent and enables strategic HR.
Centralized HRIS for a company having 8-9 BUs is no worry. (I am restricting this comment to the HRIS (ERM) solution I am selling.)
Please mail me at
Let's brainstorm the case and see if we are the right fit for your organisation.
Regards
Saurabh

From India, New Delhi
eafil.hr

: A Human Resources Information System, is a system that lets you keep track of all your employees and information about them. It is usually done in a database or, more often, in a series of inter-related databases.
These systems include the employee name and contact information and all or some of the following:
department,
job title,
grade,
salary,
salary history,
position history,
supervisor,
training completed,
special qualifications,
ethnicity,
date of birth,
disabilities,
veterans status,
visa status,
benefits selected,
and more.
They include reporting capabilities. Some systems track applicants before they become employees and some are interfaced to payroll or other financial systems.
regards,
eafil

From India, Delhi
parulk
Hi, Our company is Telecom base service provider and I am looking to develop HRIS for the company,pls guide how do we go abt it Regards Parul

eafil.hr

am still awaiting for some good .. stuff to come up... hey guys pls help me out.. tell me how can i go ahead.. n i hv to do it inhouse only... regards, EAFIL
From India, Delhi
sskalra

As you desire.... a detailed reply from me

Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS, EHRMS), Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), HR Technology or also called HR modules, shape an intersection in between human resource management (HRM) and information technology. It merges HRM as a discipline and in particular its basic HR activities and processes with the information technology field.

Basically, it is HR work flow automation.

HR workflow typically affect the complete life cycle of an employee in an organisation. The time he is a 'Perspective' employee till the time he separates and becomes an alumni. These alumni may also be perspective employees in some cases (most cases)

So, a HRIS does the simple task of removing or minimising the paperwork and the administrative burden on HR.

Typically HR handles
  • Recruitment

Leave and attendance management

Travel and conveyance expense

Payroll, compensation and benefits administration

Performance appraisal

Training and development

Succession planning

Employee separation management

Most HRIS solutions bring in the concept of employee self service which means the workflow is triggered at employee level.

For example, if I have to apply for a leave, I would submit my leave application to HR. HR sends it for approval from my supervisor. When he approves it HR updates his leave balances and the person is informed that his leave is sanctioned.

With HRIS in place this complete process is automated with no HR intervention.

The benefits are obvious
  • administrative load on HR reduced so they can now do strategic HR

Since all relevant information is captured, a good HRIS will deliver you better reports for decision support

Saves Time

Built in escalation engines keep track of the workflows and ensure the continuity

Every exception to business rules will require approvals (this may or may not be a benefit but all good HR systems have very powerful exception handling feature)

Creates a central repository of employee data. (in many organisations this data is scattered in excel files)

A company that has multiple business units can also go for a centralised HRIS. This helps them in case they wish to incorporate cross BU mobilisation of employees or just to save cost.

When we talk of a system, we refer to it as a set of defined rules and workflows. In an organisation we create different departments having different functions like sales , finance etc but for an employee the HR rules remain same throughout , no matter in which depatment he is.

Similarly, as long as the basic HR rules remain common across the BUs (e.g. the leave policies, travel policies (which are gradewise) or any other business policy for HR) the same HRIS will work.

Now it will depend on the extent of flexibility in the HRIS that can enable policy deviations across BUs. Normally the HRIS vendors do not encourage that, for obvious reasons :D

I hope that answers your query

Just a thought away

Saurabh

From India, New Delhi
alism

Hi Eafil,
Hope this stuff helps :)
You can have five broad categories
Basic Info
Work Info
Career Info
Financial Info
Leave
ePayroll
And under each one of them,
Under Basic Info:
Addresses
Basic Info
Brief Information
Driving License Details
Family Details
Health Details
Interest/Hobbies
Languages Known
Passport Details
Personal Details
Visa
Under Work Info
Bank Details
Document Manager
Employee Asset
Joining Details
Memberships
Nomination
Personal History Record
References
Relatives in Company
Resignation Details
Rewards
Second Manager
Skill Set
Under Career Info
Appraisals
Career History
Career Status
Certifications
Overseas Experience
Previous Employment
Qualification
Reprimands
Under Financial Info
PF
Salary Details
Under Leave :
Leave Type
Opening Bal.
Credited
Applied
Availed
Encashed
Closing Bal.
Under ePayroll:
Salary Statements
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ali

From India, Bangalore
eafil.hr

hi!
all that was really6 a gr8 help..
Dear friends rite now am just looking for more n more info abt the same so that i can put the positve points of the sytem .... in from of top managment.
when it will come to development part i'll definatly be in touch we u guys.. till then pls help me out with what every u can p[ost related to same topic ..
wishes n regards,
EAFIL :)

From India, Delhi
pavankalokhe

Hi if you want to do the survey hers the questionnaire VERY USEFUL
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc questionnaire_typed_752.doc (55.5 KB, 70 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.