No Tags Found!

HR Prop

I have recently joined an IT Product development Company with a strength of 50 People.
We are facing a problem of high attrition.

So I am thinking to incorporate a NOTICE PERIOD revision for each employee as per their designation
I am attaching the excel sheet in which i have put across the Notice period as per the designation.

Kindly pour your suggestions for the same.
Also would like to know if anyone can help me ....I want my company to be ISO Certified in next year for which we are just thinking not started planning..............also what are the prerequisites for a company to go for CMM level certifications....
Pls help me !!!
Regards,
J

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls notice_period_146.xls (14.5 KB, 1787 views)

jisdau
Hi J,
its a good thing you came up with regarding notice period.It does help an organization in having some kind of control if not entirely.
I feel that the more critical an assignment an employee is working on,more thought should be given regarding his/her duration of notice period and preferably an assignment shouldn't be handled by only one person(which can be the case with only small sized firms).
Also its very important to analyse as to why is the attrition rate so high.What can be the likely reasons. It can help you come out with some other course of action as well..
I have just mentioned my views on it.I am still an amateur in this feild.
Even I am looking forward to the opinion of our senior and experienced members.
Regards,
Debarati

From India, Calcutta
HR Prop

Thanks Debarati
You have definitely given a good contribution..... I agree in small organization the contribution of each individual matter a lot........... so will have to address the issues accordingly........!!!
Main reason for the attrition in our company which i understood is no proper HR Policies, Issues with management due to communication gap, salary, Management vision is not clear to the empployees.....
I am being 1 month old in company ................I am struggling with all these problems.................. there are n proper strategies or HR policies maintained in the Org ........... but for me its a challenge and i have accepted it............... I know all my friends on citehr will definitely help wherever needed.................

From India, Pune
HR Prop

Hi All,
No response.......... pls pls gimme your suggestions or let me know what Notice period policy your company is folllowing up being an IT Company.......
Pls HELP ME OUT guys.............!!!
J

From India, Pune
dipalic
I also need some advice on the notice period policy.
My company is facing a problem with people not following their notice period of one month. We are around 60 people. Many of the employees are new graduates and a couple of them who left did not follow their notice period. How can we make the notice period more credible?
Regards,
Dipali

From India, Mumbai
HR Prop

Hi Dipali,
You can conduct the survey in your Org to get a better feel of Most Critical Resorce, Critical Resouce, Important Resource, Ordinary Resouce...... Depending on that you can Have a Notice Period Policy in your company.
This survey will provide you an overview of what all are your critical resource if left your Organization will be in trouble.
Doing this you will get a time to hire his/her replacement and you can also ensure a proper handover.....!!!
This is critical.

From India, Pune
dipalic
Thanks for your inputs. I will make use of them.
But what do we do of people who dont serve their notice period? One thing my company does is HR doesnt give them the work experience letter. Is there anything else the HR could do to compel staff to serve their notice period?
Regards,
Dipali

From India, Mumbai
HR Prop

Hi Dipali,
There is 1 clause called Full and Final Settlement in which company check whether the emloyee has given a Proper handover of all company assest, data, responsibilities etc.
After that the employee will be given his due salary and Releiving documents.
The person has to serve the notice period. If many of your employees are absconding from the Job then you can start colleciting their Original Degree Certificates or Educational Docs.......... at the time of their joining.
You can give them a written acknowledgement for that saying that you are collecting this for employment security purpose which will be returned to them once they complete all their full notice period and proper handover.
Many BIG companies are doing that......!!
Hi Srs....
Pls pour your suggestions too and lets help out Dipali

From India, Pune
HR Prop

Deal all.............. Seems I will have to return disappointed from here .... I am not getting any useful response for my Queries,...... :? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
From India, Pune
HR Prop

Hey Dipali....
No need for Thanks dear..... I also need help in so many things ..... I am relying on this site for the same..!!
I knw how it feels if you have someone on whom you can count on...!!
I am there to help you in every possible way.....!!!!

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.