unusual_indu

Respected Seniors and dear colleagues

First of all let me thank you all for your replies to my previous posts .

I am facing a problem that all other members of the HR fraternity might have faced at least once in their career .The same old problem of an employee who has left the company without serving a notice period or without giving any prior intimation to the HR department or management.

The said employee has joined another company and has updated his resume on one of the job portals which clearly indicates that either the background verification from their end was not strong enough or the management/HR is not bothered about the relieving letter from the previous company or he has cooked some amazing story to justify his irresponsible behaviour towards work

Can we all HR professionals join hands together that we will try our level best to ensure that the employee submits his/her relieving letter/resignation acceptance when he/she joins an organisation

I know we all HR professionals work under tremendous recruitment pressures wherein we have to fill up vacancies in every department and that too within strict deadlines and sometimes we have little or no option than to recruit someone who is the best match to the job with/without the relieving letter.But I am also aware about companies who are ethical and also have strong background checks in place

All said and dome employees still manage to quit and subsequently join a company without going through any kind of exit formalities .These are the people who tend to fake their cvs ,steal letterheads from companies and make false experience certificates.End of the day when a company gets to know about the particular employee the entire blame comes on HR as to how he/she could miss out on those details and HR is held responsible for that.................They put the company's reputation and business interest at stake but they succeed in fulfilling their own interests ..is it fair ?

Lets all of us join hands together to stop these unethical practices

I am looking forward to a positive response from all you esteemed HR professionals

I also invite your views/suggestions/comments on the same

Thanks and Regards

Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Vennila Natarajan
All the formalities from employee side is perfect, a perfect contributor, hard working person, serving properly for the notice period....
Now, if the company is not relieving properly, and when referred to the other company for x employer reference they are giving false and unethical information.....
Is it right............
Why they have to spoil the future career of the employee who worked loyally to the company............
This is the foremost reason why these kind of exit happens..............
Seniors please discuss about this..............
Started this on behalf os suffering hard working employees.......

From India, Madras
unusual_indu

Dear Mr Venilla
Thank you so much for your inputs
I would just like to point out that there are 2 sides of a coin always .The situation you have described is also true ,it happens I support you if you take in an employee based on such a kind of feedback
But tell me the situation I have described is it irrelevant? or it doesnt happen at all ?and the reason you have cited is that the only reason why an employee goes absconding from a company?
I invite your views /suggestions and comments on the same
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Vennila Natarajan
The Management is not ready to pay as much what the next company is ready to pay for them....
The company is also not ready to relieve them properly..................
Many employees are suffering a lot and it is exspecially happening in SMB's...
Let us invite examples and experiences various members of our citehr team...

From India, Madras
hameetha

As far as IT industry is concerned we cannot help it.
As an employer we must ensure that we take employees (Recruit) with proper Relieving Order.This will increase employee commitment and respect towards the company .
Regards
Hameetha

From India, Madras
Vennila Natarajan
Hi Indu,
The incidents you have come out happening..........
But why it happens...............
Mostly because of the manangement..............
Politics............ Partiality................Less pay and recognition compared
to the less contributing and less productive employees...........
Giving importance to the informer rather than the performer.............
It should not................
Make the employees comfortable...........
Give perfect Job roles and responsibilities...........
Make them highly productive.............
Do the best you can.....................
Let the employees be happy in spite of heavy work................too....
See the market........... Pay ewual to the market ..................
Give importance to the production and not to the degrees and experience........
Seniors if I am not right .... Please comment from your end.........

From India, Madras
unusual_indu

Dear Mr Vennila

If now I put forward a question that inspite of providing all these to an employee if he/she goes absconding then ?...It is the right of every individual to look for better opportunities.Can we ever promise any employee that we will always pay you higher than the market rate or provide you a job that you will completely enjoy .Perhaps no .So there is no problem if an employe changes a job but the only thing expected out of him is to follow the policies otherewise there is no use of having a policy for notice period .Anybody can leave the organisation one fine morning saying that I am not happy with the pay or the job role ....

The least that we expect from an employee is serving a notice period and getting a clean exit

Do you think we are expecting too much from an employee ?

Just to add to this in our company any employee leaving the organisation gracefully is given a farewell party and is handed over his releiving letter,experience certificate and also a gift like a blazer or suit ,or dress material or something.Most of our employees get a clean exit from the company barring thses few stray cases who hamper the tempo of the work

I have started this discussion to safeguard the interests of an HR professional and also to create awareness so that tomorrow no HR professional like me is a victim of such unethical practices and not to point out mistakes

Thanks and Regards

Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
guru1967

Dear Vennila Natarajan,

Kudos to your input!!!. Your explanation is really an eye opener. Yes I totally agree with your viewpoints.

In fact one of my friend was a victim of harrasment from the managment (and in fact the HR was so worst, in the sense that he could not handle the so called grievance handling, counselling or any of the 'H' of HR) in one ofthe BPO company he was hired for.

He was asked to report for duty (for the position of Eexcutive Secretary) after thorough interview. CEO and HR did the interview and offered him the job after making him to sign the bond. Later on no proper job was assigned to my friend. In fact this was brought to the notice of HR, the HR very vaguely said that wait for some more time. My friend literally ran from pillar to post to know as to what exactly his nature of job and why there is no job to do but it was helpless.

one find day the hr called in his chamber and told that since there is no much work for him, he can leave the job and the hr handed him over the termination letter.

Now, Seniors pl. tell me is this fair from the mgmt point of view ?? if there is no job why he was offered the job? and later why the hr issued him the termination letter. in fact this company has given my friend sleepness nights.

Ms. Indrani, can you kindly say what we have to do with these kind of unethical practise being adopted by the managment and HR?????

REgards

Gururaj.

From India, Bangalore
hameetha

Hi
The situation is literally painful as a HR Executive
Giving terminations are not so easy as a HR Executive. It is a stressful and painful situation and if it is going to be to a person with no proper reasons then it is not ethical to do the Termination.
In some companies (where there is no real passion and respect for the value of human resource these kinds of politics keeps going . Its better as a HR , we should be trying to highlight to the management that it is not good for company's future . Every human has the right to be treated with dignity and respect .
Its high time that the person has not wasted his/her career in the so called company . It is my request that as a HR , we should be able to study the company's culture (We can know to some extent while interviews ) and people before we step into the company .Everyone have the dream to excel in their career but with right spirit and at the right place.
With Regards
Hameetha

From India, Madras
hameetha

hI
The incident you have portrayed is really painful .
The employees should be able to grow in a result oriented environment . The employee should be able to work in a enthusiastic, energetic people and its a difficult situation to work with people who plays lot of politics.
Its good that the guy has come out of the company since it may lead to more emotional /unwanted situations which makes anybody dull and painful .
Its better he searches an organisation where human resource is respected and knows the value of it .Definitely he will be able to grow in such a kind of environment even with lot of work pressures.
With Regards
Hameetha

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.