No Tags Found!

Nagarjunhr

Hi HR'S,
January 2017 we got shops and establishment certificate, We have around 100 Employees in that 22 Skilled and 88 unskilled employees.
Around 50 employees are getting more than 10000rs Per month.
we are not paying any Professional tax..
Is there any procedures for paying Professional tax?
Please help me out from this problem.
Thanks,
Nagarjun R
HR Admin
Papas Trading Private Limited

From India, Chennai
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

Please get your company registered for Professional tax at the corporation office, thereafter you have to deduct Professional Tax from the Salary of Employees as per the slab
From India, Ahmadabad
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Nagarjun,
Profession tax is as per respective State Government Act & Rules.please check relevant PT Act applicable. please clarify about your statement "We are not paying profession tax" profession tax is deducted from Employee salary depending upon applicable PT Slab.
there is a procedure for remittance of PT Contribution & Due date..

From India, New Delhi
Nagarjunhr

Hi MR. ,
We are not deducting any PT. For this nobody asked me question or Nobody come for Inspection.
In case if i am not paying PT what will be the Future risks i have to face?

From India, Chennai
Srinath Sai Ram

If Employer fails to deduct, PT Contribution from Employee Salary, Employer is liable to pay the same."ignorance of Law can not be an excuse for lapse"
Employer is liable for remittance of Omitted PT Contribution+Interest+Penalty as provided under relevant Act.Please update your knowledge & Comply with all laws applicable for your establishment.Future Risk is not only for your Employer but to you also since you have been appointed as HR & ADMIN EXECUTIVE.Please change your mindset.Employer should follow due procedure.

From India, New Delhi
Srinath Sai Ram

under Karnataka Profession Tax Act, PT Amount to be deducted from Salary is @ Rs200/-, if Monthly Gross Salary is Rs15,000 & above.
No PT Deduction, if Monthly gross salary is Rs14,999/- & below.
Employees who are above 60 years/Senior Citizens are Exempted from payment of PT

From India, New Delhi
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

As rightly said by Srinath if Professional Tax is applicable in your state then it is mandatory to abide by the Statutory Norms, You have to deduct/pay from the Shops & Establishment Certificate date. In few states like Gujarat Shops & Establishment Certificate is issued only on presentation of Professional Tax Registration. With regards to not deducted/paid please consider it now and pay it immediately without waiting for the inspection to happen, so as to avoid bigger penalty and interest thereon. They may withdraw Shops & Establishment Certificate too if you do not abide by the rules and regulations of the state.
From India, Ahmadabad
Nagarjunhr

Dear SRINATH SAI RAM, Thank you for you valuable information. I will Intimate this information to my management team. Thanks, Nagarjun R HR Admin Papas Trading Private Limited
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.