Aakansha_HRD

Dear Seniors,

We have implemented Anti Sexual Harassment policy & I am working as Presiding officer of the ICC(Internal Complaint Committee). We have a very safe/encouraging work culture for females hence I personally don't see any benefit of having a quarterly meeting of ICC because no complaint receive in any meeting,I am working here from last 8 yrs.& found this place very safe ,disciplined & professional. As an HR even I keep on interacting with female employee to ensure they feel comfortable/motivated in the organization & I am happy to hear their feedbacks. Our E-Sat surveys also supports the same. But as per law we have to conduct a quarterly meeting of ICC & we have not received a single complaint till date.In such case also we have to submit a "No Complaint report" to District Officer.So pls suggest how we can adjust with the system or anyhow we have to continue the same practice.I am finding time as a constraint to have a meeting where we just discuss that there is no complaint in the last quarter.We can devote our time in thing that is more important & are the pressing needof organization. Pls suggest what we should do.

Thanks

Aarchana

From India, Nagpur
Srinath Sai Ram

Please note the following with regard to change:
by virtue of Amendment to the Act Notified in the Gazette Notification on 9th May, 2016 Extraordinary Part II Section 1 - Second Schedule the Nomenclature was changed to " "Internal Committee"
Irrespective of receipt of Complaints or not, Committee should meet at scheduled dates & submit "Nil" return

From India, New Delhi
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear madam,
If you have received no complaint during last 8 years means your preventive actions are yielding positive results.keep on keeping on.
For legal compliance, quarterly meetings are unavoidable.To cut it short, you may hold conference call meetings and create suitable record.
Regards
V.L.Nagarkar
HR-CONSULTANT

From India, Mumbai
SHRCICC

Dear Seniors/Mr.Nagarkar,
Please inform the provisions(section/Rules/Notification) of the Sexual harassment Act ,under which it has been mentioned that quarterly meetings are to be conducted by the Internal Complaints Committee.
Regards,
SHRCICC

From India, Dombivali
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.