PoojaHRBPCGI
Hi,
Can someone help me with the techniques by which fresher attrition can be controlled.
Our company works in shifts and a lot of support based projects and freshers are hired and expectations are set after joining the organization, however there seems to be a lot of unacceptability.

From India, Bengaluru
saiconsult

Hello Puja

The on-boarding process of a new joinee shall be a pleasant experience to him to influence his decision to stay with an organisation.He shall not be made to wait or subjected to a paonful verification express on the first day. Structure their on boarding process step by step. Identify the freshers buddy in advance to welcome them on the first day and keep ready their joining kit and then introduce the to the mentors who guide them. Therefater, arrange for a team lunch. After lunch, you can introduce them to the company, it's management, goals, accomplishments and work culture etc. Thereafter, explain to them about their roles and responsibilities and mentors role as enabling agents in their job.After, that acquaint them with the relevant policies of the company.After the fist day, monitor their progress in their job through the mentors and be available for any help or any clarification, they need.

You need to ensure the following to make them stay.

1) Generate emotional connect with them from day one.

2) Make them feel valued.

3)Provide them opportunity of continuous learning

4) Provide them fair pay and benefits.

B.Saikumar

navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Pooja,
Techniques of controlling the employee attrition can be decided after doing attrition analysis. Have you done that? Every company has unique challenges and what was applicable to some other company may not be applicable to you.
In one of my earlier posts, I had given points on which attrition analysis can be done. Refer the following link to refer my reply;
https://www.citehr.com/519562-employ...ml#post2211229
Do the attrition analysis, prepare the action plan and you may upload it here. Some senior like me will vet it.
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.