No Tags Found!

kuneesha
Hai... I am 4 month pregnant now I am planning to resign when I complete 8 month pregnancy I have esi card facility after resigning to job am I elgible to claim for 12 weeks salary from esi or not??? Kindly help me please...
From India, Chennai
Glidor

take a leave under panel doctor / dispensary advice, this will entitle you medical benefit plus the wages, which is not available in case of resignation

jeevarathnam

Hi
As Advised by Sharma it is better you continue your job or avail leave for some time. If you resign from your job then you will not get only medical benefits for some time & maternity benefits from ESI

From India, Bangalore
rdsyadav

Madam,
Only a pregnant "employee" can avail maternity benefit. In case you maintain status of employee otherwise NO.If resigned and relieved, you loose the status of employee and you will be out of ESI cover , hence not entitled to any benefit, please note.Suggest you do what other members have advised as above.
Best wishes,
RDS Yadav
Labour Law Adviser

From India, Delhi
skykaran1@gmail.com
As stated by Mr. RDS Yadav, you should be continue with the employment, no need to resigned. You have to intimate to your employer regarding your pregnancy and expected date of delivery in writing well in advance, so they can plan for the handing/taking over of your duties for the period of your absence. Otherwise, you will not be entitled for the maternity benefits. If any issues arise later, you can request for leave without pay beyond your entitlement. Only in worse situation you have to resign otherwise look for the alternate options for caring your child. You have to take the decision to keep in mind yours & your family better future.
From India, Bahadurgarh
panddu123

Hi, If you resign your job there after you will not get salary under ESI Act , only can avail benefits for 6 months. Thanks
From India, Hyderabad
Ajeet Kumar Singh SSO

Hi,
I m Social Security Officer of ESI Corporation.
For eligibility of maternity benefit ,only two conditions have to fulfil
1.on the date of delivery, you have to complete 9 months services
2 esi contributions for atleast 78 days should be deposited.
For further information ,may call on 9464087356.
Regards

From India, Delhi
Powai office

Kunishaji,
our friends have already opined in the matter. Is there a pressing need for you to resign? Can you think of resigning after delivery so that flow of esi deductions will remain intact till your delivery to get the benefit. So think before you resign. If you are asking whether ESI card is valid after resignation or not? then I think it is valid till benefit period gets over. Your Local office will tell you that the date upto which card will remain valid. I repeat I am discussing here in the interest of subject and my views need not be considered as expert opinion.
I also need details of non-implented areas under ESI for Maharashtra and Tamilnadu, if anybody can help.
Thanks & Regards.

From India, Mumbai
ssconsultancytn

Hai,
Use the below link for ESI Non-Implemented area
www.esic.nic.in/CIRCULARS/cir_p&D21.7.14.pdf

From India, Chennai
kuneesha
Thank you for all your suggestions...but i am in a condition that i have to take care of my kid till one year but management is not accepting to releave me for one year so planning to resign k i will see what to do but thank you so much for all your valuable replies... :)
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.