tejashree92

Dear Seniors,
I have been organizing a few employee engagement programs from 3 months. Now, I would like to measure the impact of the employee engagement programs organized by me in the employees.
It might not be possible to assess the engagement programs outcome in the employees to a level of 100% but if I could at least get the result to 50% would also be of more help.
Please help me to know the tools that can be used to measure the outcome of employee engagement programs, also how far these programs have brought change in the employees.
Thanks & Regards,
TejaShree

From India, Tirumala - Tirupati
Dinesh Divekar

Dear TejaShree,
What is the nature of your industry? What is your designation? What is the total employee count? How many engagement activities in the last three months? What was the average cost per programme?
Employee engagement activities should translate into higher level of performance. Therefore, try identifying relation between the operational ratios and engagement activities. Following are the guidelines:
a) Reduction in consumption of resources
b) Reduction in turnaround time of some process
c) Reduction in generation of scrap
d) Reduction of some cost like inventory carrying cost, inspection cost etc
e) Reduction in energy consumption
f) Number of suggestions generated before the engagement program and after the program
g) Improvement in Customer satisfaction
Hope this suffices the purpose.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anesh N

Hi Mr.Dinesh
Can you help me out with the employee engagement activities that can be implemented for all levels & category of emploees... Mine is a manufacturing company basically into traditional business.. Need to introduce some engagement activities.. that can bring some involvement in emplyees departmentwise ,
Thanks

From India, Kollam
tejashree92

Hi Dinesh sir,
Thank You for your suggestions.
I'm working as Senior Executive HR for a pharmaceutical company. I have organized Communication classes, motivational videos once in every week, etc.
My prime focus is on:
1. Increase in the performance of the employees
2. Improvement In their communication
3. Reduction in attrition level
4. Change in the approach of the employees towards work and change in their attitude, etc.
I would like to measure these factors in the employees.
Please suggest me how I can measure the outcome of the engagement activities I have organized.
Thanks,
Tejashree

From India, Tirumala - Tirupati
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anesh and Tejashree,

My replies are as below:-

For Anesh: - The given information is inadequate to give a proper reply. Employee Engagement (EE) begins with creation of a sound framework to measure performance. Sans this framework, engagement activities become superficial. Therefore, you may call me on my mobile +91-9900155394. Possibly, I may be able to provide you the solution.

For Tejashree: - My point-wise replies are as below:

1. Increase in the performance of the employees: - You need to identify the measures of performance. Broad measures of performance are given in the my first post. Please give primacy to organisational performance over individual performance. To refer my detailed reply on measurement of performance, you may click the following link:

https://www.citehr.com/526357-kpi-kra.html

2. Improvement In their communication: - Your focus should be on organisational communication over individual's communication skills. There should be free flow of communication in your organisation. Intra-departmental transfer of information must happen in organised and structured manner.

3. Reduction in attrition level: - Employee Attrition is very complex issue and mere few games at office may not contain the attrition. What is the attrition level as of now? Is it above industry standards? Have done attrition analysis? If not, then check the hyperlink. Going further, I have given causes of attrition in my previous reply. You may click here to refer my that reply.

4. Change in the approach of the employees towards work and change in their attitude, etc: - Organisation's performance speaks the attitude of not just employee but of leadership always. To improve the attitude, engagement activities need to be supplemented with "Formal Mentoring Programme" in the organisation. Attitude is also a reflection of organisation's culture. Therefore, first decide what kind of culture you have. Everything depends on that.

For further clarification if any, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sharmavk05

Dear Colleagues,
There are two kind of satisfaction in the organizations.1. Employees satisfaction and 2. Job satisfaction. Employees satisfaction schemes or policies will increase the level of Employee Engagement (EE) temporarily or for a short period, whenever job satisfaction will increase EE for longer period. therefore professional organisations are focusing on job satisfaction or employees development like job enrichment, Talent development for next position, development for vertical positions, knowledge integrated programs and change towards positive work culture etc.
These type of actions will increase your "Employee Engagement Ratio."
Regards,

From India, Delhi
ThinkSurvey

Hi Tejashree

After reading the above questions & comments posted by you in this thread:

Let's try to see about your focus areas and how can it be measured :

1. Improvement In their communication: This is the most crucial outcome from employee engagement activities. Hope your employee engagement activities covered desired soft skills programes. So try to ask employees how much they have improved? Which areas of daily ofc activities they would like to utilise this? How they rate 'Communication' part of employee engagement activity. And in future what more they would expect from these activities.

2. Increase in the performance of the employees: Employee engagement increases the emotional level of employees with the organisation. Performance of employees mostly depends on increasing technical skills and training of employees in their desired Job role. So if you have put focus on technical skills training then ask employees about similar questions as above. However if it is for emotional level, then you may ask how long they expect to stay in organisation. What aspect of organisation keeps you motivated.

3. Reduction in attrition level: Should again be a balanced questions of employee engagement at emotional level, improved technical skills, and how much they are satisfied with current Job role? Is company providing enough opportunities for employees to improve their skills.

4. Change in the approach of the employees towards work and change in their attitude, etc.: Try to put questions on how they see their team members, juniors and even managers. Did employee engagement activities have improved team building and team bonding? Have employees started to see others with a changed perspective which improves working environment?

As an overview, what you are looking to evaluate is a mix of employee engagement and their job satisfaction. These are 2 different aspects but can be evaluated at a time.

From India, Hyderabad
debora-sumopayroll

Employee engagement and customer engagement have a lot in common– you want to retain them and you want them to refer your brand to friends and family such that your business has to spend less in promotions and can derive a healthy annual organic growth!
Employee engagement assessment tool enables your business to tap into employee survey data and draw powerful insights that can be used for:
Creating a healthy work environment where employees feel “connected” and “invested” in your business growth.
Creating an emotional contract with employees such that it increased employee productivity through positive motivation.
Last but not the least, employee engagement assessment tool helps you create a work culture that employees are excited to be a part of everyday!
How can an employee engagement assessment tool help you over-achieve your business targets?
Question Pro Workforce – the employee engagement assessment tool that has helped over 500 companies across the world in creating and sustaining a winning work culture, helps you not just improve employee happiness score, but also provide you with insights that directly increase your employees ability to function better, increase customer retention and get you more business. Our robust employee engagement assessment tool allows you to create and distribute powerful employee surveys and automatically analyses and provides you with insightful dashboards in real-time.
Moreover, Workforce is not just for assessing ground level employees. This employee engagement assessment tool also features a comprehensive 360 leadership assessment that enables you to identify key leadership strengths, weaknesses and areas of improvement. It is a platform where self-analysis and peer-analysis form an insightful report for leadership improvement at the highest level.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.