ssoumyojitdey2604
For all seniors and young colleagues smart phone use develps no sincere effective causes, and they get addto personal calls which being a management team dislikes
From India, Kolkata
Glidor

install mobile jammers in the working area, this is under the power of management, without making reminders and notices, repeatedly

saravanan_d_

This is an important factor in ISMS Audit in IT/ITES industry.
Mobile Jammers is not a smart or practical solution in the corporate world; as it will jam the higher / authorized officials' mobile phone signal also.
In my company, we used to collect the mobile phones in the security desk and provide the token to the employees. The employees/visitors can collect the mobile when leaving. Only Authorized people can use mobile phones inside the office (the list of authorized users will be on display).

From India, Chennai
snrajaryan

A gentle reminder will always serve the purpose. If not, formulate a policy and circulate it.
You can do as said by Shri Sharma Ji, if it is repetitive is nature.
If you require any information about formulating the policy, please revert. I'll help you out.
Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
aussiejohn

I doubt very much a "gentle reminder" is going to work.
As in all such cases of activities that interfere with the normal work processes, there needs to be a very clear, and unequivocal policy, setting out what is, and is not acceptable, and, more importantly, the consequences of ignoring the policy.
You can tell people not to use their phones until you are blue in the face. IT WILL NOT WORK.
Set the policy, and enforce it. And make sure that everyone is bound by the policy. You cannot have rules for some and not others.
When you recruit staff, you should also mention the policy in the interview. If someone needs to chat to their friends all day on Whatsapp, they need to know that they won't be able to do that, so will have to find a different employer who will allow them to do that, rather than do the work they are paid to do.

From Australia, Melbourne
Glidor

you can get some posters like this to make the visitors and employees aware of the norms
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg zqwe.JPG (46.6 KB, 133 views)

NK SUNDARAM

First show the carrot and if it does not work, show the stick !!! lolz. It depends upon the kind of people you work with. Mobile phone has become a double-edged sword, a necessary evil. Those who do not require mobile phones for their day-to-day work, it is always better to keep them in their lockers while punching IN. People who need to get in touch with the concerned employees who are at work, can always be contacted through landline phones. Before the advent of mobile phones, what the humans did for communication ? Go back to the same, old technology !! Concerned employee can always be notified through the normal means ....... Unless the management is strict, needless to say, the productivity will fall down drastically. I still vividly remember my ordeal in Riyadh airport, Saudi Arabia, a few months ago. We, first timers, almost 100 in number, comprising of people from many parts of the world, were standing for close to two hours waiting fo rour turn for immigration clearance. After the ordeal, when my turn came, it was close to mid-night, I produced the passport to the Saudi employee at the immigration counter. Even before looking at my passport, I saw him browsing his mobile phone for a few minutes and then only he turned to me. Imagine my plight... even my boiling blood could not do anything... being a foreigner, I could not show off my anger.....
From India
ambikumar

The Management has to make the decision to control this type of problem. Mobiles are only allowed to the Seniors like Managers and Supervisors only not for others. The Mobiles are collected from the Security Cabin and issue the token for each mobiles that will be the better way for good organization. If they have use the phone get the security cabin for their break & lunch time.
From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.