No Tags Found!

saxena.gunjan84@gmail.com

Dear Seniors,
I am working with an IT Company in Maharashtra, I wanted to know the guidelines regarding liability of employer and the general rules of payment of Bonus Act and its applicability on employer prospective. In addition to above wanted to clarify doubts regarding Bonus Act:
Is it applicable to the company employs 20 or more employees or it would be applicable if 20 or more employees are falling under the salary bracket of Gross Rs. 21000/- per month
Gross Salary should be calculated excluding conveyance or car fuel allowances.
Please correct me and give me the correct information so that we can implement the things in our organization.
Regards,
Tanu

From India, Delhi
CompliCheck - Compliance Tool

Payment of Bonus Act is applicable to all companies that employ 20 or more workers. As far as what all components fall under Bonus is concerned there is a simple rule of thumb: "'salary or wage' under the Bonus Act includes all guaranteed components of an employee's salary (not just the basic salary) ". If conveyance or fuel allowances are guaranteed components (not variable & not dependent on performance of actual usage) then they will fall under wages for the purpose of Bonus calculations.
Hope this clarifies your doubts.

From India, Delhi
CompliCheck - Compliance Tool

You can view my article: Interpreting Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015 | CompliFacts
or visit our knowledge base for compliance updates: CompliCheck - Your Compliance Partner

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.