saurendra007
Dear Seniors,

I am working as a IT Executive in a VLSI company since 4 years in Bhubaneswar location.

Now company is planning to close operation in Bhubaneswar. All the the engineering team employees

have been directed to move from Bhubaneswar to other location offices ( Kolkata,Bangalore and Hubli )by end of Dec. 2016.

But my manager from IT team told me that there is no berth for you in any of the other 3 locations.

Please search for some alternative arrangement.Also he told me to send resignation immediately so that by 31st Dec. 2016. company will

relieve me from all responsibilities.My current notice period is 90 Days.

When I raised the concern that I have worked for 4 years but you are asking me for sudden exit how I will manage to get a job in this period.

There may be the possibility of not getting a job within Dec 16 also,then he told me that we will compensate one month extra salary for you.

Obviously first option is I will search a next job within the mentioned period but Could you please guide me how can I handle this scenario

so that it will help me financially . Also please guide me about any legal consequences of this kind of incident and how I can approach.

From India, Mumbai
Suresh Rathi

Dear Saurendra,
First check your terms of appointment as per appointment letter. There must be a notice period clause in the appointment letter.
The notice period ,usually varies from one month to three months.
Look for job and take the additional one month pay they are offering.
Regards,
Col.Rathi

From India, Delhi
Mahr

Hi Saurendra,
I don't think there is an option for you now. If they are ready to pay you for the notice period and a month extra, then would suggest you to take that up. If you raise this issue and then may they take a hard call then it would worsen your condition.

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Dear Saurendra,
As our seniors suggested you to search for other options, that is only very better for you, And you already mentioned that you have 4 yrs of Experience, So If you search seriously sure you will get a job soon , So don't worry about that, Try from now it self.
We all wish you all the best ,And soon you will get a good job

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.