No Tags Found!

prafuluberoi

I have 22 employees including 4 directors in my company, all of whose basic salary is above 16000/-. Do i need to register for PF?
From India, Mumbai
Glidor

yes
exceeding the strength of 20 person in salary register entitle the establishment to register within 15 days of reaching 20 person and make contributions,
contribution may be on full basic +DA or ceiling of 15000 should be maintained, but the establishment can not escape the liability

prafuluberoi

Thanks U S Sharma.
This leads to another query.. As per my knowledge, employees whose basic + DA is above 15000, may contribute voluntarily.. it is not a mandate provided they were not part of the PF previously.
None of my employees are currently part of any PF scheme i.e. they have all withdrawn or never have been a part of it. Do they still need to pay PF?? Are they not exempt from it??

From India, Mumbai
Glidor

the employer can not deny the EPF liability, he has to offer the EPF to their employoee
exemption comes in picture when more than 20 members of establishment are already contributory but few have been appointed FRESH and their starting pay scale is over 15000/-
if any of member has been contributory to EPF anytime in the past service period ( does not matter that he has withdrawn or not) , he can not opt out, he must have to be contributory to the scheme

Shrikant_pra

Since their salary is more than 15000 they are exempted employees as they never were PF members earlier. If they want to contribute you have to give consent as you will have to pay admin & EDLI charges. Via media, if needed, is you they & you contribute and deposit the amount in bank account / FD or like and distribute interest accrued. You may give them annual statement of account to convey that their monies are safe. PF without authorities!
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.