No Tags Found!

Satyanderbhardwaj
Hello
I want to know that i my wife is working with time education institute sec16 faridabad.she is working from last 2 year now she need meternity leave but he boss is not giving her paid leave.He is saying time is proprietorship firm.we will not give u paid leaves
Please help what to do?

From India, Faridabad
saravanan_d_

She is eligible for paid maternity leave. If she is covered in ESI, then the salary will be paid by ESI.
If not, the employer has to pay the salary for those leaves. Speak to the employer about his liability and inform that he may face huge problem if you go to Labour Department.
If they still refuse, then, goto Local labour office and claim for maternity leave. They will guide and will assist you in getting the paid leave from the employer. Employer can't refuse for maternity leave or think for termination of her service for this purpose. He will pay for those leaves. If you do this, after maternity leave, you may not expect a fruitful relationship with the employer then and she may have to look for job change.

From India, Chennai
riteshmaity

If there are 10 or more employees (which I think it is) in the company then the Maternity Benefit Act becomes applicable to the company.
Since your wife has worked for 2 years, she will definitely be entitled to maternity leave.
Check section 6 of the Act and apply accordingly. Keep an acknowledgment of such application with you for future reference.

From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.