citehrrajdeep
First of all i would like say thanks for providing such nice platform where we can share the things.
I desire to know whether weekly off is mandatory for employees on completion on 06 days duty ..
Thanks
NSC, Delhi, Ministry of Culture

From India, Gurgaon
CompliCheck - Compliance Tool

Yes. Employee is entitled at least one day off per week. It is provided under factories act and shop & est. act
From India, Delhi
HEMANT.CHAWHAN

Dear Friend,
Factories act states:
An adult worker shall not be employed for more than 48 (forty eight) hours in a week and not more than 9 (nine) hours in a day. A compulsory rest of at least half an hour (30 minutes) between each period of work and such period of work shall not exceed five hours. Total period of work inclusive of rest interval cannot be more than 10.5 hours.
Shops and Establishment act States :
State act fixes the maximum number of work hours to 9 hours a day and 48 hours a week.
So irreverent of number of days worked by an employee, if 48 working hours including lunch break reach 48 hours then automatically as per law an employee / worker / sevarthi what ever name you provide has to be given 1 day off. Or after continuous 6 days of work irrespective of the hours completed i.e. if the hours are less then too an employee / worker / sevarthi / or contract worker needs to be given 1 day off.
I hope this information was beneficial to you.

From India, Mahesana
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.