Anonymous
Hello Everyone! My company is starting self-appraisal procedure for the first time. Please help me with the self-appraisal forms for the employees. Regards Gunjan
From India, Morvi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,

What is the nature of your industry? Why you would like to have only self-appraisal form? Are they mature enough to understand the seriousness of this form? Do you know the risks involved in the self-appraisal? Do you have policy on Performance Appraisal (PA) well in place? When employees join the company, during induction itself they should be told that when their appraisal will take place.

The important point is that PA concentrates only on the individual performance. We need to go beyond and measure the business performance. For this you need to have well-designed policy on Performance Management System (PMS). There was query in this forum on PMS. I have given reply to this post. Click the following link to refer the reply:

https://www.citehr.com/511936-pms-company.html

Though the heading of the heading is for IT companies, the reply is applicable to all the type of industries. In the above link, you will find several other links. Go through all the links patiently. It will improve your awareness of the subject.

For further doubts, you may call me on my mobile number.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Hello All,
I joined as a HR in a start up organisation, at this time we are planning to conduct performance review. Can you please suggest me few tips how to make it successful. And our organisation is involved into both Consulting and developing.
Thanks,

From India, Hyderabad
NK SUNDARAM

Hello Anonymous... Am a HR Consultant who is providing consultancy relating to OD intervention. I have recently completed an assignment in Bangalore for a manufacturing and marketing organisation. My next project is going to be in Tamilnadu for another large export organisation. I have over 45 years of industry experience and more than half of it in HR domain. As mentioned above by my learned HR professionals, these kind of interventions cannot happen over internet or in email exchanges. There is no one-size-fits-all approach in HR initiatives. Things have to be customised to suit the organisation's business, employee structure, management's objectives, etc etc. Organisation requires a subject matter expert either from within the organisation and in the absence of such an expert inside the organisation, an external consultant will be ideal because of unbiased approach. Now you can decide how to go about it.
Best wishes

From India
Anonymous

Hello Anonymous,
True, One can define the KRA / KPI only after understanding the Business Process and involvement level of each stakeholders.
I am from an IT company.
We have designed the KRA setup model, in such a way that it should cover 90% of any business process.
On successful implementation of this KRA setup model in our own organization, we have converted it into software.
In nutshell, you can have Online KRA Setup Model + Performance Review System.
Few big organizations(of different business process) already has experienced our PMS software.
You may please decide next course of action, as per your organization need.

shabnam.b@sysarcinfomatix.com
Dear All,
I need your help, in my organisation we follow annual appraisal pattern. The concern supervisor of a team never ever fills the employee's appraisal forms. As a HR i am unable to justify the employees performance/. I want to write a mail to him to follow procedure. Please help.

From India, Chennai
vsrinubabu

Dear Sir, Please give me any Apprasal New format for cement company
From India , Vijayawada
Ed Llarena, Jr.

Hi!

This is a never ending topic and discussion. But again let me join the discussion.

When one talks about an appraisal, three things should always be remembered:

1) The Concept or System

2) The Form or Tool

3) The Policy

The query here is about the FORM.

To me, a good appraisal form must be user friendly. The HR practitioner must remember that the usual questions and problems on appraisal happen when the form is difficult to fill up or accomplish. After the appraisal, the results will be processed. Again, if the form is not user friendly, it will take time and may not be finished according to the mandated timeline, esp when linked to year-end promotions and rewards.

There are appraisal forms that are not only difficult to accomplish, but ALSO consists of so many pages. That's why many superiors hate them as it takes away a lot of their time just accomplishing them. To me, a good appraisal form must be a ONE PAGER that captures all: the planned targets, the actual results/ outputs accomplished, the ratings for each, and the improvement and development plan for the employee.

My company helps organizations worldwide in the set up of a user friendly PMS anywhere in the world. Contact us if you have an approved budget.

Best regards.

From Philippines, Parañaque
NK SUNDARAM

It is the most unfortunate scenario. Most of these youngsters are qualified with MBA or MSW HR. But they are not taught to think, write on their own. It is only CP technology... They want to be spoon-fed. They are not willing to at least Google, download, read understand and prepare things on their own. They want to place order here. Perhaps Citehr can be rechristened as Dominos or Pizza Hut.. lolz
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.