No Tags Found!

Harshavardhan13

Respected Seniors, experts and colleagues,
Our company has planned to shift from one industrial area to another industrial area within the same district 3 months from now. Being a HR executive here, management has asked me to fulfill and comply with mandatory statutory compliance as well as formalities. I do have a basic idea of what all formalities are to be met with, but I assume that practically the picture would be different. The things which are going in my mind are:
- Updating factory license
- Updating company records with EPFO
- ESIC
- updating records in license of labor contractor
- notifying Local corporation or taluka panchayat for Professional Tax
Request you to please guide me with detailed checklist/procedure for the same.
Thanks in advance!
Sincere regards,
Harshavardhan

From India, Ahmadabad
malikjs

Dear Harsh
yes you have to take fresh factory license and surrender the existing one.you are required to get the map approval also,
you have to do contractor registration and take license on new address.if it is in same area of regional ESIC office than
ESI number will remain same and you will give intimation to them.Give intimation to EPFO also

From India, Delhi
Rajesh Kumar Dubey

Dear Harsh,
As suggested by Mr Malik, Please do more thing in respect of your Business Shifting.
Since Your organization is Factory and governed by Factory Rules, First Get ur new location approved for New Site from Local Taluka as well as Administrative Body of Industrial Area.
Confirm your Plant Lay Out and Building Plan approved from Office of Directorate of Factory along with NOC from Local Fire Deptt and from Factory Inspector.
After physical verification of Plant & Management Policy for On Site Emergency Plan, He may Issue a Fresh Factory License Because as narrated by you, u people are closing business on old site.
After completing all above formalities , You may go ahead for Updating Address for ESI & PF Registration
Thanks

From India
thariqsalim

Dear Harshavardhan,

I've just attached the relevant provisions of Gujarat Factories Rules below which are self-explanatory; pl. go thru' these rules. For any further details, you may contact the area Inspector and follow his guidance.

Rule 113. Information regarding closure of factories
(1) The occupier and the Manger shall be jointly or severally responsible for sending information in duplicate, to the Inspector of any intended closure of
the factory or any shift, section or department thereof, immediately after it is decided to do so, and before the closure takes place stating:
(a) the date of intended closure;
(b) the reasons for closure;
(c) the number of workers on the muster-roll of the factory on the day the information is sent;
(d) the number of workers likely to be affected by the closure; and
(e) the probable period of closure;

Rule 3. Approval of Plans— (for the factory to be occupied afresh)
(1) An application for obtaining previous permission for the site on which the factory is to be situated and for the construction or extension of a factory shall
be made to the Chief Inspector of Factories.
Application for such permission shall be made in Form No. I, which shall be accompanied by the following documents:
(a) A flow chart of the manufacturing possess supplemented by a brief description of the process in its various stages;
(b) Plants in duplicate drawn to scale showing—
(i) the site of the factory and immediate surrounding including adjacent buildings and other
structures, roads, drains, etc.;
(ii) the plan elevation and necessary cross-sections of the various building, including all relevant
details relating to natural lighting, ventilation and means of escape in case of fire. The plants shall
also clearly indicate the position of the plant and machinery, aisles and passage ways; and
(c) such other particulars as the Chief Inspector may require.

Rule 4. Application for registration and grant of License— (for the factory to be occupied afresh)
(1) The occupier or manager of every factory to which the Act applies shall submit to the Chief Inspector an application in triplicate in form No. 2 for the registration of the factory accompanied by an application in Form No. 3 for the grant of a License therefore
(2) Every application in Form No. 2 shall be accompanied by a treasury receipt, a crossed cheque, a crossed Indian Postal Order or as the case may be, an invoice for book adjustment, for payment of the fees for the purpose as specified in the Schedule 3.

Regards,
K.A.Thariq Muhamed Salim
(Deputy Chief Inspector of Factories - retd., Chennai)

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.