royacal@gmail.com

Dear Sir ,
I joined a Kolkata based Private Limited company on 30th May 2016 and they issue an employment letter accordingly . As per employment letter 7th of every month my salary to be paid, through June 2016 salary credited 11th July 2016.for the month of July 2016 salary be paid on 7th August 2016. MD of the company said (verbally) process of your salary may be delayed ,the reason he didn't explain and I also haven't asked for , on the 12th of August 2016 I wrote a mail to MD & Head of HR requesting to know my salary payment status . The same day they replied to be paid Saturday 13th August 2016. Due to my illness, I took a leave and inform over mail . On 16th August 2016 when I again ask for my salary they simply denied to pay and use, abuse word and said since my performance is poor so we your salary for the month of July 2016 will not be paid. During my tenure MD or HR department not issued any letter about my poor performance neither said verbally . Kindly advise me what to do now .

From India, Bangalore
stephen_7

You can lodge a complaint to the labour commissioner under payment of wages act, if your wages are less than 18000/- per month.
Labour commissioner will take action and make your employer to pay your salary with interest.
Its employer's responsibility that employees should get paid within 7th of every month, if their employee strength is less than 1000.
Even though they say that the performance is very low, they should pay the minimum wages at minimum. They cannot hold entire salary as low performance.
If you raise a complaint, that will be a lesson to your employer to follow the rules. You should send complaint letter with proper proof's.

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.