PONMURUGAPANDIYAN.P

As per Garments industries minimum wages G.O notification,we had paid to the arrear wages to employees from Feb-16 June-16.
And also EPF arrear contribution also remitted.
My doubt is for Arrear wages ESIC contribution also to be paid or not for those previous period.
Please let it me know seniors. Pls response for my clarification
Regards
P.Pandiyan

From India, Madurai
SrAdvBhat

when it comes to the question of ESI contribution for Arrear wages, you need to consider the periodicity of the payment, if it's not on a regular interval, you could skip the ESI contributions for your Arrear payments. What I understand from your question is that, you were failed to disburse the wages as per minimum wages notified by the government, I think you may have to pay contributions to EPF and ESI since you have rectified your mistake by paying arrear salary which is due to the employee.
https://biblehr.com/esic-frequently-asked-questions/

From India, Kochi
omchetri

yes, you have to give both the employee & employer contribution from the arrear wages paid for the said period.
From India, Calcutta
pratheekshaa

You have to pay ESI contributions since the Regular payment has been delayed
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.