vinith92
hi seniors,
kindly advice if Pf needs to be deducted from contract employees working in our factory.We have 14 contract employees working in canteen, 50 drivers in contract buses.
If there are less than 20 employees, should the contractor pay Pf or esi to their employees. Why are they neglected from these benefits.

From India,
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Sir, in your remarks you have mentioned the unit as "factory" and you have also mentioned 14 contract employees working in canteen and 50 drivers on contract buses. Will you kindly intimate as to in what type of unit you are working i.e. whether it is a factory, or establishment ?

2. Since coverage under the Acts as mentioned by you depend upon the nature of establishment as well as numbers of persons working therein, it will be more better if you may study the necessary material showing coverage and registration etc. under EPF & ESI laws after downloading the same from the websites of above departments as mentioned by you. If after going through such material, if you have any doubts, you can refer the same with complete details of such points for consideration of seniors.

3. So far as ESI Act, 1948 is concerned, please also confirm whether the area where your establishment is located is implemented area or not ? If any of the employees including contractor employees are neglected from such benefits or not covered under said Acts, you can ask the said information from concerned departments/officers of your unit. I think, this forum cannot offer any comments.

From India, Noida
saswatabanerjee

All contract workers working in a factory are to be covered under PF, irrespective of whether the immediate employer (Contractor) has 20 or more employees. If the contractor does not have a PF code, then the principal employer (factory) needs to pay them on its own code. Their is a separate section in PF portal for that purpose.
For ESIC, harsh has already given you the process to follow.

From India, Mumbai
lilian lemone
Thanks so much for your mail and your concern although we have not known each others before, Sincerely i am more than glad hearing from you, how are you doing today and your family? I hope you are doing great. I am Miss. Lilian Lemone , I am from Cote D'ivoire African, I am 30 years old 5'7" tall. I love doing things that give me joy and happiness,
I am single girl never married. I don't have much to tell you but I really appreciate your kindness and hope we can move from here to know more about each others, And there is somethings very important that i need to share with you.

From Ivory Coast, Abidjan
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.