No Tags Found!

T.Thirumurugan

Dear HR Professionals, urgently please give example the for job title , position and designation and differentiate that three things. Please do the needful Thanks with Regards Thirumurugan
From India, Hyderabad
srisaarika
Hi Thirumurugan,
Designation is post or rank of a person in the organization with respect to grade or scale
Position is the duties of the person in that particular organization
Job title mentions your in which department. like (Administration/Sales/Management/Marketing/etc..)
this is up to my knowledge.

From India, Domlur
aussiejohn

Don't know about India, but in Australia, all three things basically mean the same.
In my last job/position, I worked for the government. The only difference was in Position as it designated where I was in the organisation.
Job Title - Administration Officer Grade 3 - that was on the Position Description
Position - Administration Officer Grade 3 - xxxx Division - also on the Position Description
Designation - Administration Officer Grade 3 - and that was what was on my Payslip
The "unofficial" job title was Executive Assistant.
Sound like another one of those things where people get hung up on meaningless job titles to try and give themselves imaginary status.

From Australia, Melbourne
gopusetti007
Hai Thirumurugan, I read your post in any organization strecture
JOB describes common skill set Ex.Manager, Executive, Supervisor etc....
POSITION describes specific skill set Ex. HR manager,Production manager, Quality manager, Finance manager, Sales manager etc...
DESIGNATION also specifies a specific position or rank in the organization strecture

From United States, Redmond
nashbramhall

I have read the query and the responses with interest. It will help us to give you precise examples, if we know why the question is being raised and with what context.
Kindly read and digest the information at https://www.bu.edu/handbook/appointm...ks-and-titles/ and let us know how you would answer your query with respect to that of a college/university lecturer.

From United Kingdom
srisaarika
A ‘position’ refers to a status of an individual, which is generally earned by him/her on their performance. It may also refer to the rank of an individual in an organization or society. In a job profile, it’s a post assigned to any such individual.
A ‘designation’ refers to someone or something that are classified or designed on a position which is different from others; or in simple terms, it’s an act of assigning a person into a non-elective position. Any designation refers to an individuals working position, it is a common term to know what exactly is that persons working post.

From India, Domlur
umakanthan53

I've gone through the link referred to by Mr.Simhan. Of course, employment in the academic side of a University or any other teaching institution has always got certain distinct features. But, in general employment parlance the terms "job title" and "designation" appear to me one and the same indicating the specific job handled by the employee whereas "position" indicates the general level or place in the organzational hierarchy.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.