No Tags Found!

Ushma Baria

Hi, I am not an HR person but have been given an assignment on data analysis of an Aptitude Test. Can anyone guide me on this ? How do I give my suggestion and opinion based on the scores which we have received. This is going to help us in recruitment process.
If anyone would like to share more info can please contact me on
Thanks
Ushma

From Canada, Montreal
srividya29
Dear Ushma,
what kind of an aptitute test do you have. if you can give me a sample of the scores then i can suggest you the appropriate statistical analysis.
regards,
srividya rajaram
clinicla psychologist

From India, Delhi
Ushma Baria

Thanks Srividya.
I have attached the worksheet for your reference. It contains scores on different tests. It will be really helpful for me if you can provide some kind of statistical analysis on this.
Regards
Ushma

From Canada, Montreal
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls aptitude_test_score1_280.xls (38.0 KB, 709 views)

srividya29
dear ushma,
have looked into your data. there are several ways of understanding it. the simplest way is that you take out a mean for each of thre individual tests like a mean for reading comprehension, for verabl ability and compare each candidates score with it. now i dont konw what does ascore of 3 mean on reading comprehension is it high or low? once you have dertermined that then you can simply comapre each candidates score and comment on it. it is not advisable to add up all under english language proficience as the min and the max are all different for each one of them. you can also do a "t" test to statistocally comapre the menas of english language with quantitive aptitute. it will tell you idf the differences between them are sifnificant or not . you can also do a chi square analysily which will compare the frequency of expected scores which you can decide with the frequeency of observed ( the marks that the candidate has got).
hope this helps.
regards,
srividya rajaram

From India, Delhi
kwahi
Dear Usham
I'm with the Asia Pacific institute of Management and we run a psychometric testing lab. so if you are interested i could ask my organization and we could help you in the analysis of data (at a professional charge ofcourse). let me what is the data you have and what kind aptitude test you have conducted and maybe we can work something out
Regards
Kanika Wahi
Psychologist

From India, Delhi
Tarak_Datta
Dear Ushma,
On review of your excel data base, it appears that you can opt to calculate "Percentile Rank" on L_score and then fix up a cut-off percentile rank to call select the candidates. Calculation of Percentile Rank is a feature available in MS Excel.
Tarak

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.