No Tags Found!

antvin06
Hi sir/madam,
I have been recently joined a top MNC company and have gone through the BGV and almost completed 1 month initially they had asked for my convocation certificate but i did'nt receive from the university while joining but still they accepted me having all the six semester marks card. The goof up was I had stated 60% with first class as my aggregate and had gone through the BGV. Later I recently contacted the university regarding convocation certificate they told it is ready but second class. Then I asked what happened as My aggregate is coming 60.2% but they told that they don't consider language subject marks and have excluded it and asked me to do aggregate excluding it and I got 59% So now what should I do should I be open and will it create any problem because I was not aware of it.

From India, Bengaluru
nashbramhall

You should be open and give them the facts. Had they asked for 1st class degree holders? In which language did you get more marks to push the aggregate to 60.2 percent?
From United Kingdom
antvin06
No they did’nt ask for 60 % and apart from that English and Hindi is excluded in the final assessment for the convocation certificate.
From India, Bengaluru
nathrao

This appears to be a honest mixing up of facts.
But when you are stating certain facts to a new employer you should have double checked.
Normally language marks etc are not taken into a/c for first/second class.
Anyway please speak out and show your marks.
Honest talk will prevent any sort of negative reaction.

From India, Pune
nashbramhall

Is the sixth semester the final semester? If so, you will have shown them all the marks that you got in the final semester. Thus, as Nathrao has pointed out it's a technical error in computing the average (You have included language marks).
I wonder how students get more marks in languages these days. In our days (In the 1950s and 60s), it was not easy to score first class marks in languages. Only a few did manage.

From United Kingdom
pateljigneshm79
As you said you didn't have convocation certi but all sem mark sheets and i presume you must have shown/submitted it hence yiu have not committed any crime. You shiuld be.honest enough to approach the concerned authority and tell the facts. A percent of marks here and there does not matter, well honesty does!!
In my opinion your honesty will be appreciated.
Best luck!!

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.