No Tags Found!

traineehr
Dear All,
First and foremost I am not a HR person with reference to my username. I am 8+ years experienced working for my organization at client location for more than a year. Our HR policy clearly states that you will be provided with deputation allowances at client location. But everybody who handles this client account is denying the same by providing some excuses. They have neither provided a document for these excuses nor made an attempt to visit us. They have started paying us 1/5th of the amount in the name of onsite allowance since 6 months. Now they are saying that acceptance of this amount was a solution to raised issue despite of us saying that full amount should be paid. Due to this unprofessional behavior I have started searching for new job but am scared that they might put a red mark on my career. Kindly suggest what to do in this scenario as I am fed up so much that I don't want to stay with them or serve notice period.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Traineehr,

Cause of your grouse is under-payment or non-payment of the deputation allowance.

As of now, you have two options. First one is to forego the deputation allowance and accepts whatever you are paid. Second one is to escalate the matter the senior authorities. Follow either option rather than submitting resignation in huff.

I recommend not to link under-payment of deputation allowance with your career. Yes, you may tender resignation however, it should be part of your career plan rather than out of frustration.

How many years have you worked in the current company? All the eight years? Have you learnt some new technology? What kind of projects are you working on? Will you be able to do some value addition in the current project? Have you made your Career Development Plan (CDP)?

As written above, you may put up application for the payment of the deputation allowance as per the policy. Quote proper paragraph number or clause number of the policy that makes you eligible to ask for it. If you do not have access to the policy then ask for the policy. If HR plays evasive to provide the policy then raise grievance so that HR is forced to show the actual policy.

If required let the matter go up to the level of Managing Director.

Lastly, you have written that "Due to this unprofessional behavior I have started searching for new job but am scared that they might put a red mark on my career." Your worries are unfounded. You have not committed any misconduct as such. Asking for deputation allowance cannot be a misconduct. Therefore, concentrate on your job, maintain quality of your work lest because of this unnecessary worrying you may land you in soup.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

You basically have there options
Accept the situation
Request for the allowance at highest level if nothing is done at lower levels.
Look around for another job.
Learned member Dinesh has adequately covered all points and calls for very little additions.
Be bold and take up matter in polite fashion.
If you are entitled for this payment,it should not be denied.
It shows poor attitude and ethics of the management.

From India, Pune
traineehr
The issue was raised keeping cxo and VP in cc and quoting the clauses of the policy. One sided discussion among themselves(including director as per hr) led to 1/5th of the amount. We had brought this to notice at client side. After that one of my colleague resigned by providing 1 month's notice period. He was ill treated and absconded even after notifying. This was the real reason of worry at that time. I have 3 years of experience with this organisation including payroll change among group companies. I am working in a narrow field with niche skill sets which intensifies worrying.
From India, Mumbai
nathrao

The company is avoiding making this payment.
Level needs to be raised step by step to MD level.
Put all figures,documents in question and let MD also fully understand the problem as seen from your end.
You feel the payment is authorised company is now finding different angles to the issue.
Press the matter discreetly.
Also start your quest for other jobs in quiet mode.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.