karanveer.singh
Hi Seniors,
I am working as system engineer and have resigned from my current company. Now my manager is not accepting the resignation. He is saying that he has a right to accept or reject resignation.
Even , I am ready to serve notice period.
If I refer Appointment letter , It says "Termination Notice: The services may be brought to an end by giving one month notice to either side or pay salary for the period in lieu of notice period"
But if I refer their separation policy then there is clause that "Manager has a right to accept or reject resignation".
Now , Appointment letter and separation policy have difference statements. Please let me know which one has more weightage .
I would like to mention that at the time of joining we sign and accept the joining letter.
I never signed any policy.
Thanks,
Karan

From India, undefined
RSUDHAAKAR1

Hi Karan
Now a days , email communication is accepted every where
if you really does not want to continue, point out the separation clause in the appointment letter , clearly mention in the email that your hard copy of the resignation letter is rejected and hence you are resigning through Email communication
Mark a copy of the same to you for your records ,
A employer cannot refuse to take resignation , it is upto the employee to decide whether to continue / resign
the only problem may arise, is , they will take time to issue service certificate
regards
r sudhakar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.