Anonymous
Hi, this is chaitsi here. I am working as an HR Executive in an E-commerce company. It is Ahmedabad based company and I am looking out for an email support executive and BDM with an e-commerce experience. It's very tough to get the candidates for both the vacancies as I am getting BDM but along with e-com exp. are rare and for email support we need people with a good command of English. in last one month, I shortlisted 4 candidates (not all 4 at the same time) what all 4 of them did is they came for an interview, shortlisted, even after asking for several times are they actually want to change? are they going to join our organization, they will say yes, they will take an offer letter and just a day before a joining( and two of them didn't even bother to inform till the day of joining) they will say they can't join us. Is this fare?
My question is what if we employer do the same with them????? on the day of joining we will ask them that we don't want you to join our organization now, how are they going to react???
Can't we make any system or rule which can help HR & Organization for Hiring Process? We all are aware how lengthy and difficult a recruitment cycle is.
Few people will say even employers are evaluating so many candidates but again I will say we don't give an offer letter to each and every candidate whom we shortlist. Even candidates have a right to choose the best employer but if you are committing somewhere that you will join after x days or weeks, you are taking an offer letter from 3-4 different organization (lets skip the part of receiving an offer Letter you are also accepting their offer and then you don't turn up) seriously frustrated with this kind of behaviour and approach of candidates.

Need a comment and suggestion for the same.

From India, undefined
priyaudhai

Hai,
This is most common issues in Recruitment. Every one is facing the same issues and this goes on and on. As per my knowledge this cannot be changed so cheer up. Be patient and everything will be fine.
Thanks
Priya

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Hey Priya, thnks for the revert but don’t you think so this is not the solution?????????????
From India, undefined
skuntal1
Hi,
In my opinion, we should atleast update remarks on particular recruitment channel via which we got candidate's interviewed/ aligned. For Eg. If any candidate is coming via Naukri.com then some remark can be mentioned against their profile by employer which will help recruiters in future to be aware of past incidents pertaining to assessing these candidates. What say?

From India, Delhi
chaitsip
Hi, Not only Naukri but I feel we should make an app or candidate portal where we can blacklist such candidates or provide our reviews which are useful for other recruiters.
From India, undefined
tejasthakaria5700@gmail.com

Dear there,
I observed this common issue everywhere. Particularly if I say about ahmedabad based medium scale companies they do not even provide offer letter and appoiment letters. Here culture of HR is one of the worst I have observed.
Note:- I am specifically talking about medium scale companies only.

From India, Delhi
aussiejohn

Every week we have postings on CiteHR about recruitment problems, and frequently these postings are about prospective appointees not showing up.
Seems to be a fact of life in India.
My view on this - simple - you chose the wrong person.
I have been a member of CiteHR for many years, and have a particular interest in recruitment (along with training), and quite frankly, some of the things I have read over the years on recruitment practices simply beggar belief.
Go back and look at your recruitment process - from beginning to end. THEN FIX IT.
Check my postings on recruitment. I have said many many times that successful recruitment is not rocket science.
I have posted my simple guide to recruitment. It worked for organisations where I was employed in the past, and I have trained other hiring managers in this system.
However, NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT, not even mine. But if you have a robust system in place, you can mitigate most of the problems.

From Australia, Melbourne
Resumefox
Dear Recruitment Community Members,

All of us the recruitment community have almost come to a point accepting that there is actually no solution to the problem of "No Shows". All companies, irrespective of their size, reputation, salary, etc. have been suffering. No company can claim to be an exception.

This is when a friend of mine decided to do his bit to solve this problem, and it seems to be working pretty well.

His solution is that employers, upon making an offer, should insist that they register and "Accept" the offer on iAccept portal, failing which the employer will withdraw the offer. Other companies, before making an offer, shall search for the candidate to ensure that he/she has not accepted any other offer currently. Very simple, but effective.

Check out www.iAccept.in

​
Thank you.

Warm regards,

Gopal Kulkarni
Resumefox - Complete Recruitment Software with Resume Parser
185 Happy Valley, Uttarahalli
Bangalore, India. 560 061
Tel: +91 80 659 88 297. Cell +91 966 338 5512
www.resumefox.net

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Such problems are to be handled carefully.
Writing on blogs or websites that so and so candidate failed to report after taking offer letter can be cause of legal battles.
So accept that few may not turn up.
Keep standby candidates always.

From India, Pune
naveen1000

Yes it's rightly said by Mr. Nathrao that one should have the pool of shortlisted candidates ready to replace with the people who didn't report after taking offer letter. Apart from this for a HR person it's important to let the candidate clearly understand what is the job role and how his future or career going to be working with the company. How best he can contribute with his skills and knowledge and how will b his scope or benefits he will get in return. If a candidate is clear what is expected out of him and about his benefits then he will definitely do well. Its natural that people desires are unlimited they want more and more so obviously candidate will also try to compare the offer which we can't stop but yes the recruitment procedure we can change buy having personal touch with candidate. Hope this will help you in selecting genuine and trustworthy employees for your company.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.