No Tags Found!

arpitg87
Hello,

I work for one of the largest business conglomerates of India, though technically I am on the rolls of one of the group companies.

Recently I received an offer from a Big 4 consulting firm. Prior to going for this interview, I had sought clarification about non hire clause from the CFO of my group company who had assured me there is no conflict. The Big 4 consulting firm had also called him to seek clarification and he had verbally confirmed to them they will waive off any potential non hire clause. Based on this discussion, I had resigned from my job.

But the business conglomerate came to know about my offer and called up the consulting firm and told them they can not hire me. As a direct result of this, the consulting firm has now asked me to provide a no objection letter (which was never mentioned in their offer letter). While the CEO and CFO of my group company agree that there is no conflict and they are willing to let me join - but they cant provide me the no objection letter as the objection come from their superiors.

A direct result of this is, I am out of a job as the consulting firm is not willing to let me join without the letter and the business conglomerate is not willing to change their stand.

Please advise on course of action available to me.

Regards,

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

It is hard luck. You should have taken the NOC in writing first and then resigned. Try contacting the highest in your company to sort out the issue.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.