jalasayanan1

Dear Team
Many a times I wondered what happens to an executive when he is asked to start off with a new activity.
My struggles to grasp new material to the level implementation has prompted to do this.
Today I am starting off with Competency mapping.
When we are required to work on competency mapping where to start is the question I am handling for the day.
Pls. find herewith a presentation and a questionnaire embedded in the presentation file. This questionnaire is somewhat custom made for my requirement, however, I see this has given pretty good understanding and way forward for implementing Competency mapping all by HR without external consultants.
Share your thoughts on this. I will try to post few docs in these lines some time later

From India, Chennai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pptx Competency Mapping Jal.pptx (286.6 KB, 825 views)

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jalasayanan,

While developing PPT, you could have given reference of the book or website from where you have prepared the presentation. The reference is missing. On the slide 7, you have given the heading of this slide as "Other meta skills that can be included". However, preceding slides do not mention what is the definition of meta skills.

Meta Skills are defined as "Metaskills are higher-order skills that enable journalists to use their skills effectively. Metaskills -- such as critical thinking-- are what make the skills effective. Without metaskills, skills are like a hammer in the hands of a child." On this slide, you have jumbled "personality traits" and "skills". Both are independent of each other. Please confirm how following can be "skills":

uses common sense, cooperative attitude, dependable, fast, flexible, loyal, outgoing, pleasant, self starter etc.

On the last slide, there is MS Word Logo. You could have uploaded the document on Google Drive and given the link. Clicking on the logo does not take us anywhere.

Final comments: - You must have taken efforts to develop the presentation. Nevertheless, what comes on the public domain is always subject to scrutiny. Hence the critical appreciation of the PPT.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
jalasayanan1

On the MS Word Logo - pls. double click. You will get word file opened. if not, buzz me back. Attaching herewith for your quick reference
From India, Chennai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx Position analysis questionnaire - GHHR.docx (43.5 KB, 268 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.