No Tags Found!

Divyas_1012
Dear All,
We are thinking to start a discounted staff meal policy in our hotel. I would request you all to give me inputs as to what factors to be taken care of, right from the beginning of assessing the needs of Employees, their preference of veg/non veg meal etc. Any presentation or documents regarding the same would be great help to me.
Thanks
Divya

From New Zealand, Auckland
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Divya,
Preparation of food is the core competency of any hotel. But then this is layman's perspective. From business standpoint, hoteliers have one more competency and that is to calculate the food cost of items prepared in their kitchen. Therefore, question arises is did you calculate food cost of the meals served in the staff cafe? Have you spoken with the cost controller about food cost?
Once you calculate the food cost accurately, the second logical question is what per cent of food cost your management is ready to subsidise. Reply to your query depends on that.
Though food preparation is hotel's core competency, certain "no frills" hotels do not maintain staff cafe. They just buy food packets from outside serve to their on-duty staff. You may think of that option as as well.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.