No Tags Found!

s.anand@rane.co.in
Hi We had engaged apprentices / Implant trainees with 3-6 months of job tenure and we paid stipend inline with minimum wages. My questions is whether ESI / PF is applicable to them or not ?
From India, Chennai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir, yes, trainee employees are coverable under ESI Act, 1948 provided their engagement is not as per provisions of the Aprentices Act, 1961. Please see section 2(9) of ESI Act, 1948. This issue has been discussed number of times in this cite and for details you can search the relevant threads.
From India, Noida
natraj@sakthimanagement.com

Dear Mr Anand
PFA some of the important judgements on the applicability of PF and ESI for the Trainees / Apprentices. If the in-plant trainees are taken for training as per the Standing Orders of your Company, you need to cover them only for ESI and not PF. In case if you need more details / clarification / documents, pl contact us immediately.
Regards
N Nataraajhan, Sakthi Management Services (HP : + 91 94835 17402 ; e-mail : )

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf SC - PF Judgement (Central Arecanut) - Trainee - 2006.pdf (250.0 KB, 393 views)
File Type: pdf HC All - Trainees not covered for PF.pdf (946.0 KB, 326 views)
File Type: doc ESI Amendment on apprentice.doc (28.0 KB, 189 views)

krishnendu1984
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am working with a firm & we are basically contractors. Our Principal Employer wants to engage workmen through us provided they are being engaged for 2 years are trainee & during that period they should not join any Trade Union.
Following are my queries :
1. Can a trainee be engaged for 2 years?
2. Can we stop a trainee worker from joining Trade Union?
Kindly help with the answers.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.