No Tags Found!

trisha_hr

Dear All
I am bringing a burning topic of our office before you for your valuable comments.
We are employing more women employees for BPO Job during night shifts. Group of employees picked up from their residence to our office by cabs and vans for working. Due to recent (may be a year back) murder of a women employee at Bangalore by a Driver, safety and security of our employees threatened. Our employees either leave the company or asking for day shift which cannot be done. How to come out of this impasse without much attrition
Under the above circumstances kindly find a way out of this problem
with regards
Trisha
HR Professional

From India, New Delhi
mkprasad2004

Dear Trisha,
Following are the suggestions:
Re-schedule shift timings
keep Women staff in day shift (General Shift)
or in first shift starting at 7 am 3.30 pm
Appoint Male staff more for night shifts mainly
or keep training Talents to fill this positions on regular basis.
or,Recruit less Women staff
or ,Hire Ladies Security Guards from security Agencies to accompany in night shifts with women staffs during pick up and drops.
Keep Smiling.....
mahesh k prasad

From India, Mumbai
paromita26

Hi Trisha!!!!!
good question...... :) :) :)
I totally agree with MK prasad that appointing less women during night shifts is best suggested or keeping them to work in general shift!!!!
"A Large section of women are now employed in various fields like IT, BPO, garment sectors, the safety of women is a cause of concern"
As said recently in the Deccan Herald Newpaper, Bangalore :
The state government will draft a bill on its own which will be on the lines of the Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at the Workplace Bill, 2007.
This draft will be a model bill which will ensure that women are protected from
:arrow: discrimination,
:arrow: harassment,
:arrow: sexual harassment,
:arrow: atrocity"
Regards,
Paromita

From India, Bangalore
manoj.bharti

The issue is really burning.
Two days back an incident is reported in Jaipur, with the same concerns where a woman just could got escaped to being kidnapped, actually she was working with a BPO in night shift and her company vehicle use to come to pick her up, that evening she got in a vehicle as usual assuming company's vehicle which intentially send her to get her kidnapped at the same timing, when she got in vehicle she immediately realised about what is happening and jumped out of running vehicle, got seriously injured but could escaped.
Women are the easy targets for the mischievers and such incidents can happen anywhere with anybody.
There should some strict safety norms be followed in this regard. Till then women should alert of every kind of suspicious activities around them and should take maximum care of them if shift changes are unavoidable.
Manoj

From India, Calcutta
rramxx

[quote="mkprasad2004"]
or ,Hire Ladies Security Guards from security Agencies to accompany in night shifts with women staffs during pick up and drops.
And who would ensure that the female security guards themselves are not assaulted?
R Ramamurthy

From India, Bangalore
ricky.ricky06
Hi,

I am not fully agree with these ideas of keeping Females during day shift n males during night.

In BPO's where you work during odd hrs you need motivational factor as female staff so that male workers should not feel dull during night shift & another important factor is that if you are onto sales process, you require female callers as they can convence customer nicely.

Accourding to me as a solution of this prob you can make choice from following Options:-

1. send your security guard while odd hrs pic or drop.

2. their should be atleast one male staff on cab during odd hrs shift and he should take last Pick/Drop for female's safty.

3. provide corporate mobile connection (CUG) to all girls and tell hem to inform if in case they feel any kind of prob.

4. Hire candidates from nearby area so that commuting during odd hrs should be less & it will be safe also.

I had worked with Int & Domestic call center as HR Manager.

Its just a matter of making things more planned.

I hope my views will be of some kind of help.

Thanks & Best Wishes

Ricky

:)

svsrana

Trisha,
women face harassment 24 hrs a day....
to send a strong signal, get a stringent background check initiated on the contractor staff...
at the least get their pictures, finger prints of all 10 fingers...
alos you may hire a part time guy to visit their homes/ neighbours etc..
the driver can be askd to foot the bill for verification check... after all dont people pay for getting verification for passport/ immigration/ arms lcenses done at cost basis..
surya

From India, Delhi
saravana kumar

Hi Trisha,
BPO Industry can't compare with regular IT industry or any other industry. Most of them aware of BPO, working on 24/7 basis and that too night shift preferred. For BPO, Voice should be important, so naturally many BPO's looking female employee rather than male employee.
In your Company, If the existing employee demand to change shift on day time basis . As of HR in BPO, you can't do any thing, bacause they are working for US/ UK clients as per their timings.
It's supposed to be mandatory in BPO Industry (night shift). In BPO industry, Attrition is not a major problem , as per my knowledge concern?
For Eg: Per day 10 employees are quiting their job. Literally, same number of candidates ready to join or more than that....
So, you people should regularly recruit people and train them. That's the major streamline, which actually happens for you in BPO sector.
Reply...
Regards,
Saravana
Executive - HR

From India, Madras
svsrana

lets take an example like 300 seat BPO with 100% attrition in 1.5 years. sometimes the cost of attrition is a sizeable chunk/ almost equal to annual profits ! surya
From India, Delhi
paromita26

Knock Knock !!!!!
Now i hope people are aware of the Rape, sexual harassment and murder case of the pune employee of Wipro BPO
Its exactly the same as that of Prathiba's case in Bangalore 2 yrs ago!!!!!!
So where is the safety of the women employees during night shifts :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.