Wraj3
Hi Friends,
Need your help.
I am working with Recruitment firm as an IT recruiter. I have started my carrier as a Office Assistant here and reach this level.
I have studied from vernacular medium.
I am facing communication problem here, there is no fluency when I am talking to candidate or clients.
How to cope up with this problem?
Also let me know how to Head Hunt from companies. Is there any tips/tricks, some method, I am very week in this department.
dropped me mail on
Regards
Rajendra

From India, Mumbai
Ankdev

I have dropped a mail to you check the same and i have also given you my contact no for the same. Waiting for your reply Regards Ank
From India, Pune
Kamalzz

Hi Rajendra,

Let me first appreciate you for your interest and enthusiasm to learn. To know that there is a problem is one thing...and to know what the problem is ...the other!!!

What you face is a common problem (irrespective of the medium of education).

Good communication skills are a must in today's world, when you communicate to people who may not be in your office, your locality, you city, town or even country.

The Problem:

Mostly the people who feel that they lack communication skills are actually not really poor with communication. It is the confidence level that makes them feel that they are short of something...if you see around, you would see enough examples where people have been educated in purely english schools or colleges (but they still cannot communicate as effectively)

Here's what you could do:

Read:

Reading whatever interests you in the language that you wish you to master is one of the first steps in self learning.

You may not necessarily read "classic literature".

Just start by reading editorial columns in the newspapers/magazines/online general articles of your interest.

Note:

Whenever you read, you will come across many words the meanings of which may not be precisely known to you. Note such words, then check out the dictionary to know the specific meaning of the word and it's usage.

Then try to use such newly learnt words appropriately and frequently.

Refer to the dictionary more often:

The more you add to you language vocabulary the more you know the usage of words.

Speak:

Speak more in the language that concerns you <in this context I assume its English>

Speak to people around you and tell them that you intend to improve and excel.

If there's someone who can communicate well...ensure you make such a person your mentor (such mentors will point out to you on anything if you are going wrong)

Speaking to yourself aloud in front of a mirror is one of the ways where you develop confidence and know what you look like while you are speaking. (your can start this by reading out aloud)

Always remember, "it's not what you speak, its how you speak that matters"

Listen: As important as it is to speak, it is equally important to be a good listner in order to be a good learner.

Listen to people speak in the lanugage you intend to master. You will get a good idea on how words are pronounced, used and woven into a sentence.

A fun filled way to do is : watch movies in the language you intend to master.

Improving on Grammer:

More so people are not as apt with grammatical concepts of a language. Ensure you pick up some simple elementary grammer books to help you understand the basic grammatical concepts (wren and martin by far is the best elementary grammer book available)

Pen down your thoughts:

Try to pen down your thoughts. This gives you the opportunity to write what you have learnt.

Be creative.

You could start doing so by writing a simple daily diary. (if you continue to do so, you would be able to see the improvement in your language usage over a period of time)

Practice:

All said and done, nothing can help unless you practice. It is important.

Continued learning

Never never never stop learning....remember learning a language is not simple if you dont practice and stop continued learning you may not learn enough....keep learning all along.

These are some basic steps that could help you to improve on your skills gradually (nothing happens overnight)

Do let me know if this was helpful.

Cheers!!!

Kamaljit Kaur

From India, Pune
SATISH KUMAR DHANWAL

Hi Kamaljit,
I absolutely agree with you. But i would like to add one more factor. And that is "Read newspaper loudly". This improves and trains your tongue in the language. Punctuations should be given effects while reading loudly. You have laready added one more point i.e. be confident. That will come naturally by following the tips given by you. i appreciate your points of advice to Raj :D .
regards,
Satish Kumar Dhanwal

From India, Delhi
Wraj3
Hi kamal,
Thanks.
You have explained me this is so simply.
Very useful information u has given me.
I have that confidence but not that English knowledge which is come by reading. I have to concentrate on reading books, Newspaper etc,.
I will work on it.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
Rajendra

From India, Mumbai
Ravi.Gangwani

Hi, Pls find the ppt on headhunting, trust this is very usefull Regds Ravi
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt headhunting_tricks_822.ppt (254.5 KB, 1084 views)

Wraj3
Hi Satish
Definitely I will try it out. Previously somebody told me this, but I ignore that time. I feel very tedious.
Thanks for guidance.
Keep me sending, appreciate your help.
Regards
Rajendra

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.