Anonymous

Dear sir, In the training department we use the Competence matrix to judge the skill if there is a gap company needs to impart training.
hence what can be done if suppose we have 10 departments, 100 staff (Technical/Nontechnical) lack in skills which are dissimilar to one another.
is it possible to organize training on 100 topics because if we want to make a good Training department we cannot skip any employee without training
so what should a training head do for this?
Regards

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
This is the general mistake that HR /Training professionals do in India. The end result of the employee training in not building competencies amongst the employees. End result is to be bring an organisational change. Therefore, concentrate on the change rather than competencies.
Recently, I had given presentation to group of HR Managers on employee training. I have uploaded the presentation on Youtube. Go through the following link to refer it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B96YbDDkkU
In addition to this, go through my following reply to the past query on measurement of training effectiveness:
https://www.citehr.com/523786-traini...ml#post2222367
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous

Dear sir; it means company have to train those people who can reap benefit and reduce cost. am i right regards
From India, Mumbai
winfoo

It is interesting to note your thoughts on the desire to train every dept's personnel to bridge the "gaps". First of all, are these gaps related to behavioural or technical? Technical competency gaps will obviously be remedied by relevant technical training. It should be accompanied by pre- and post-training competency mapping/matrix in order to measure the success achievement of the conduct of the training. Relevant post-training survey could also be carried out to determine to what extent have these training help in bridging the "gaps". Some form of ROI (to training) may be established if there are elements of revenue involved.

For behavioural, then relevant soft skills training would be put in place. As suggested by Dinesh, organisational change(OC) may be the issue. Nonetheless, you got to be more specific with OC. What part of OC are you desirous of implementing change? Probably you need to carry out a training needs assessment to establish the real issues cutting across the depts and people. Find the common critical areas of OC you want to focus. For behavioural training, remember to incorporate action plan as part of the components of it. All the best to you!

From Malaysia, Ampang
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.