kailasshelke
HI, can i get support for fixing up the night ( Third shift ) allowance as per Factory act or any other law in Maharashtra.

Vijay Kumar HR Trainee

Hi buddy

I,m just sharing my view, if you find that its not relevant please ignore

1. Night shift work refers to work that is performed after 18:00 and before 06:00 the next day

2.A night shift allowance will be equal to 15% of the normal cost to company remuneration will be paid where at least half the shift falls between the hours of 18:00 and 06:00.And the employees deemed to be working on a public holiday, the employee will be paid double her basic hourly rate.

3. The company will ensure that transport is available between the employee's place of residence and the workplace at the commencement and conclusion of the employee's shift. The cost of the transport will be for the employee.

4. The Shift Manager is to ensure that a company First Aider is available during the night shift work and that emergency contact numbers are displayed in the working area.

5. An employee deems to be a regular night shift worker if he/she works for a period of longer than an hour after 23:00 and before 06:00 at least five times per month or 50 times per year.

6. Employees who perform night shifts regularly are entitled to undergo periodic medical examinations to ensure that their health isn’t adversely affected by performing night work and this cost will be covered by the employer.

Should an employee declared unfit for night work they will be moved to a day shift.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.