No Tags Found!

Urgent Scramble
Hi! I had been working with an international hotel group for the past one year till I recently submitted my resignation. On the penultimate day of my notice period, my HOD verbally requested me to somehow extend the notice period term for about 20 days as the deptt. was understaffed. That was not possible for me as I was supposed to attend a new assignment(non-professional) from the next day(of the last day) onwards. With due respect I explained to him that honouring his request was not at all possible and hence I made no commitment to this effect. Till the end of my notice period, I had 20 days of leaves unutilised for which the company follows a policy of encashing the same with the last salary to an employee. My HOD had told me that I would be informed of the date of my clearance later. The HOD asks an outgoing employee to seek clearance on any random day within the next 3-4 days after the last working day. This has been the practice here so far. It has been 15 days now and I have not been contacted yet. Only today a senior official from my deptt. disclosed to me that the HOD has put all my unutilised leaves as "leaves taken" in our deptt. leave register that is submitted to HR every month. I am planning to directly approach HR within a day or two for clearance. How should deal I with this rather unusual and difficult situation? It is not just about the encashment but this kind of a deceitful treatment is unacceptablle after having served the company for a year.
From India, Ranaghat
Kumaran Praveen

Hi Buddy,
What your department HOD did was totally unacceptable and I term it as unlawful labour practices.
My suggest - you have to bring this issue to the HR department head, you can do this either visit the organization or write the letter to the HR stating your problem and also request HR to settle your F&F soon.
With Regards
Mr.Thumbs Up

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.