No Tags Found!

ganu24
I sir i want know how the pf amount calculated in case of death .my dad was working in gujrat government he passed away in October. He had in pf account Rs963429 employees and 686013 in employer .what amount would we get full .plz give me suggestion on it
From India, Ahmedabad
Kumaran Praveen

Hi Buddy, The compensation would be maximum 20 month wages or 3 lakh with admissible increase of 20% hence the total amount would be 3.6 lakh. With Regards Mr.Thumbs Up
From India, Chennai
Pan Singh

Dear Mr. Ganu,
It is very sad to hear the untimely death of your father.
You stated, father was working in Gujarat Govt. Pls make sure he was covered under GPF or EPF. Generally in Govt sec. GPF is maintained, but there is no contribution from Employer. So I assumed your father was covered under EPF.
So far as PF amount is concerned, you will get the full amount as shown in Employee+Employer Contribtuion (share). However, you will get extra Insurance claim which is being covered thru EDLI (part of PF).
Your mother (NOK) and two minor child are also eligible for Pension. (For child pension there is some age restriction). The Pension Fund is not reflected in the above contribution. That is separately retained by EPFO.
Additionally, your mother will get Gratuity as well. Pls check n confirm from the "Employer", if they have obtained any General Insurance, you can claim that also.
Senior member can put light on the matter.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.